Same-day money transfers
Send money to another country within 24 hours from the comfort of your home.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Online money transfer companies offer a secure way to send money across borders almost instantly — but a tighter time frame usually means higher fees.
- Send money online within minutes
- Large range of destinations
- Able to send to cash pickup locations
Send money overseas with WorldRemit
Send money to 110+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
- Minimum transfer amount: $1
- Maximum transfer amount: $50,000
- Online transfer fee: $3.99
- Cash pick up available.
What are same-day international money transfers?
A same-day money transfer allows you to send funds abroad that will arrive with your beneficiary within 24 hours. It's the same as any other overseas money transfer, but quicker. Also, some providers are able to offer instant transfers.
However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poor exchange rates.
What are my options for same-day overseas transfers?
Three main ways exist to transfer money overseas on the same day:
Digital money transfer services
Companies like OFX and TorFX specialise in foreign currencies, making them some of the most cost-effective transfers. These services are found online and typically have no physical offices.
You'll need to visit a provider's site and initiate the transfer online using a debit card, credit card or bank account.
MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit offer cash pickups. Your money can typically be available for pickup within 15 minutes at hundreds of thousands of locations around the world.
To use this option, visit your nearest agent location to start your transfer. The funds can then be collected by your recipient at a branch in their country of residence.
Major US banks make it possible to send international money transfers. However, while transfers within 24 hours are possible to select countries and currencies, funds sent to other destinations could take as long as five days to arrive.
Visit your local bank branch or the bank's website to initiate a transfer, just be sure to check the processing time.
Keep ahead of the curve with daily currency exchange rate alerts
How do I compare same-day money transfers?
- Exchange rates. Look for the strongest rates you can find. But be wary of high fees that may be attached.
- Fees. Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Some providers waive their fee when you transfer a large amount.
- Transfer options. If sending your funds for cash pickup overseas, compare how many agent locations are near your recipient.
- Transfer methods. Can you initiate the transfer, or will you need to visit a branch?
- Pickup methods. While some companies offer fast cash pickup, others deposit your funds directly into your recipient's bank account.
- Customer support. Look for a company with a solid reputation for providing professional and friendly customer support. Do they offer help by phone, email or live chat — and are the hours convenient?
Does PayPal offer same-day international money transfers?
Yes. You can use your established PayPal account to send personal payments in minutes to friends and family abroad. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes if you have online access to your bank statements. This is because PayPal deposits small amounts into your account, and you're required to verify your account based on the deposits.
- Fast. Same-day international transfers allow you to get funds to loved ones and businesses overseas as quickly as possible.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfer online, through an agent location or at your bank.
- Potentially costly. Same-day transfers typically attract higher fees and weaker exchange rates than regular transfers, so prepare to pay extra to send your funds.
- Potential delays. The funds will typically be delivered to your recipient's PayPal instantly after sending, but to get the money to their bank account could take up to 5 business days.
What should I look out for with same-day transfers?
You'll typically receive a weaker exchange rate and pay higher transfer fees with same-day transfers, so carefully review the full details of your transfer before you hand over any money. Be aware that some transfer providers — for example, your bank — will not always be able to offer a same-day transfer to your destinations.
Using a transfer provider that offers cash pickup is the most reliable way to send funds overseas almost instantly. But if you have a little extra time, you may be able to get a better deal by sending a bank-to-bank transfer. Be sure to compare money transfer services to find out more about which provider will work best for you.
Frequently asked questions
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert