ING Living Super: Performance, features and fees
An online superannuation fund with lot of different investment options, including direct share trading.
ING Living Super is an online super account with a range of different investment options to choose between. Members have the flexibility to choose an investment portfolio that suits both their life stage and tolerance for risk.
Read on for more details of what ING Living Super offers to its members, and find out whether it could be the right super solution for your retirement.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Calculated fees p.a. on $50,000 balance
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||ING Living Super - Growth|
|Past performance - 5 Years||5.6%|
|Annual admin fee||$60 + 0.5% of balance p.a.|
|Number of members||62,000|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to June 2020, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
Key features of ING Living Super
ING Living Super provides several important benefits and features for members:
- Tailored investments. With ING Living Super, you can tailor an investment mix to suit your financial goals and life stage. You can choose from managed investments or a range of individual asset classes.
- Real-time share trading. ING Direct Living Super members can trade shares in real-time online. You can choose from the S&P/ASX 300 index, selected ETFs and listed investment companies.
- Cash Hub. When you open an account, a Cash Hub is automatically established for you. This interest-bearing account is designed to receive income, pay expenses and manage all other transactions for your linked Living Super account.
- Mobile access. You can check your Living Super balance alongside the balances of all your other ING accounts quickly and easily from your smartphone.
- Online access. It’s also simple to manage your account online, allowing you to switch investments, trade shares and ETFs, and adjust your level of insurance. You can also rollover and consolidate your super online.
- 24/7 support. ING Direct offers customer support through its 24/7 contact centre, and super specialists are available to provide expert advice and assistance from Monday through to Saturday.
ING Living Super investment options are split into four distinct categories: Safe, Smart, Select and Shares.
What fees does ING Living Super charge?
Each investment option charges slightly different fees. Here's the annual fees for the Living Super Growth option, assuming you had a balance of $50,000.
Admin fees: $60 plus 0.5% of balance.
Investment fees and indirect costs: 0.27% of balance
Calculated annual fees on $50,000: $455
What insurance cover is available?
ING Direct Living Super comes with three levels of insurance:
- Automatic cover. A pre-approved level of death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) cover is issued when you open an account. You can cancel or upgrade this insurance plan anytime.
- Tailored cover. If you would like a tailored insurance policy to suit you, you may want to consider this cover. You can choose between death, TPD or both.
- Income protection. This is added protection to insure a portion of your income in case you can't work for a period of time due to illness or injury.
Pros and Cons
- Flexible. With a wide range of investment options to choose from, you can tailor your Living Super account to suit your needs.
- Easy online access. You can easily log into your account online or via mobile 24/7, making it simple and convenient to manage your super.
- Rollover existing super online. It’s easy to rollover existing super into your Living Super account online.
- Real-time share trading. The Shares option allows you real-time access to the ASX and increased control over where your super is invested.
- No ethical option. There is no ethical or sustainable investment option available with Living Super.
- Limited share trading. If you choose the direct share trading option, you can only access shares on the S&P/ASX 200 index as well as selected ETFs and listed investment companies.
How do I apply?
You can sign up for an ING Living Super account in two ways:
- Online. You can fill out an online application form within minutes by clicking the green "Go to Site" button.
- Over the phone. You can phone ING 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT).
To open an account you will need to:
- Be an Australian resident
- Be aged 13 or over
- Have your Tax File Number (TFN) handy
- Choose your investment and insurance options
If you’ve compared a range of super funds and you’re ready to open an ING Living Super account click the green “Go to Site button” on this page to begin the application process.DISCLAIMER: This article may contain general advice. You should consider your own personal circumstances before deciding if a superannuation product is right for you. Superannuation is a long term investment and past performance is not indicative of future performance.