Compare cryptocurrency courses
From blockchain basics to the ins and outs of cryptocurrency trading, boost your knowledge with an online course.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’ve just discovered the world of cryptocurrency, you’ve probably already realised an important truth: crypto is complicated.
Whether you’re trying to wrap your head around the blockchain and smart contracts, or you’re grappling with the best cryptocurrency trading strategy, every digital currency newcomer faces a steep learning curve. This is where the ever-increasing range of cryptocurrency courses comes in.
There are now lots of courses available that cover a wide variety of topics, so keep reading to find out how to choose a course that’s right for you.
Compare cryptocurrency courses
What topics do cryptocurrency courses cover?
Crypto courses can generally be divided into a few categories.
- Cryptocurrency technology courses. These focus on the technology underpinning digital currencies, such as blockchains, cryptography, smart contracts and decentralised applications (dapps).
- Cryptocurrency trading courses. Crypto trading courses focus on how to choose which currencies to buy and sell. Topics include technical analysis, trading strategies, how to read crypto charts and how to assess ICOs.
- Courses on how to use cryptocurrency. These courses tend to focus on the basics of cryptocurrency for beginners. Topics include blockchain basics, how currencies work, how to set up a digital wallet, how to purchase digital currency and how to mine cryptocurrency.
Types of cryptocurrency courses
Crypto training courses are offered by a diverse range of providers. Respected universities in Australia and around the world offer courses covering cryptocurrency and blockchain-related topics, but you’ll also find courses from online education providers, investment websites and even specialist cryptocurrency websites.
Most cryptocurrency courses can be completed online, but some providers also offer blockchain-related courses that can be attended in person. Course duration can be quite short, taking five hours or less, while others can stretch over a period of 12 to 15 weeks.
Watch out for scams
The growing interest in cryptocurrency means that there are also plenty of scammers looking to take advantage of unwitting consumers. To avoid dodgy dealers, make sure you thoroughly research any cryptocurrency or blockchain course provider before handing over your details or money.
How to choose a cryptocurrency course
How can you find a crypto course that meets your needs? Consider the following factors when reviewing and comparing your options:
- What you want to learn and why. Do you want to learn about the technology behind cryptocurrency, or about how to trade digital currencies successfully? Are you thinking of building a career working with blockchain? Do you want to know which cryptocurrencies to buy, or are you just studying to broaden your knowledge and satisfy your curiosity?
- What you hope to achieve. Will the course be for personal or professional use? What outcomes do you want to achieve by completing the course?
- Who is offering the course. Is it offered by an institution or an individual? Are they a respected provider, such as an Australian university? How long have they been in business? Has the course been compiled by experts with a high level of crypto knowledge?
- What’s covered. What topics will you learn about? What details will they cover?
- Length of course. How long will it take you to complete the course? Can you choose your own pace or does it follow a fixed schedule?
- Cost. Does the price of the course represent good value for money? For example, does it cover a sufficient range of information in adequate detail to justify the price tag?
By thoroughly researching each training program, you’ll be ready to make an informed choice about which cryptocurrency course is right for you.
Disclosure: As of September 2018 the author holds ADA, ICX, IOTA, POWR and XLM.
More guides on Finder
Polkadot (DOT) cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the DOT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Aave cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the AAVE cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ethereum price: Upswing may be on the cards as ETH continues leaving exchanges
Even with exchange ETH reserves plummeting, Ether prices remain stable... for now.
Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
After forging a remarkable comeback over the last 48-hours, Ether may once again be set to test the $1,400 threshold.
Online nail technician courses
Become an in-demand nail tech with these online nail technician courses.
Pharmacy courses online
Get a healthy dose of information to help you choose the right online pharmacy course for you.
Bitcoin price hits US$40,000 again before meeting resistance
Bitcoin is encountering stiff resistance at $40,000, but for how long?
Ethereum price: Slump may continue in the near future but bullish trend likely to persist
As a period of correction continues, experts believe that Ether will most likely be faced with volatility in coming few weeks.
MasterClass: Courses delivered by recognised industry experts
Ignite your passion with exclusive training from your favourite celebrity experts with MasterClass.
Bitcoin price steadies around US$35,000 as markets recover from weekend losses
Bitcoin prices may be showing stability after recovering from the weekend's $11,000 plunge.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert