CashRemit international money transfers
Fast transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria, but make sure you double-check the exchange rate and fee first.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria
- Competitive rates
- Transfer app available
Not so great for
- Disappointing website experience
- Limited information available online
- Some negative customer reviews
CashRemit exchange rates and fees
You can see CashRemit's current exchange rates using the currency calculator on its homepage. CashRemit adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate, but the size of this margin varies depending on the currency you send.
Transaction fees also apply but vary depending on the amount you send.
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with CashRemit by using our tool below. You can also check out the real-time exchange rate CashRemit offers and if there are any additional fees.
CashRemit offers online transfers in three currencies:
- GHS Ghanaian cedi
- KES Kenyan shilling
- NGN Nigerian naira
What types of transfers can you make with CashRemit?
CashRemit supports two types of transfers:
- Bank transfers. You can send an online transfer to your recipient's overseas bank account, with transactions usually completed within four business hours.
- Mobile money transfers. CashRemit also supports mobile money transfers via the M-Pesa service, which allows you to send funds directly to your recipient's mobile wallet.
How long does a transfer with CashRemit take?
CashRemit lists the following transfer times on its website:
- Bank deposit to Ghana: 4 business hours
- Bank deposit to Kenya: 2 business hours
- Bank deposit to Nigeria: 2 business hours
M-Pesa transfers are processed in real-time.
What payment methods does CashRemit accept?
You can pay for your CashRemit transaction using a POLi transfer from your bank account.
Orders typically take
Is CashRemit safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Regulated in Australia by ASIC
- Established: 2016
- Number of customers: 10,000+
- Reviews: TrustScore of 8.1/10 on Trustpilot.
CashRemit is registered as a remittance provider with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), and it is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Established in 2016, CashRemit claims to have 10,000 happy customers and to have transferred over $500 million. The CashRemit website also says that there are security measures in place to protect your CashRemit account, but there's limited information about what those measures actually are.
How does CashRemit make money?
CashRemit makes money in two ways:
- By charging transaction fees
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market rate. The mid-market rate is the actual exchange rate at which banks and money transfer services buy and sell currency from one another.
How to register an account
You'll need to complete the following steps to register for a CashRemit account:
- Visit the CashRemit website and click the "Signup" link at the top right of screen.
- Enter your email address, name and phone number before clicking "Sign up".
- Enter the 2-step verification code sent to your mobile.
- To verify your account, click the "Account setting" link from the menu at the left of screen.
- Click the "Unverified" link and then email a copy of your passport or driver's licence to the address provided.
How do I make an international money transfer with CashRemit?
- Login to your account.
- Enter the amount of AUD you want to send and the currency you want to transfer.
- Select either a bank deposit or a mobile money transfer.
- Review the exchange rate and transaction fee before clicking "Continue".
- Enter your recipient's bank account details.
- Review all transfer details and then submit your transaction.
What is CashRemit?
CashRemit is an online remittance service that offers transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Founded in January 2016, its registered business address is in Osborne Park, WA. CashRemit aims to offer a fast and hassle-free international transfer experience to customers.
In a nutshell
- Mobile app available. If you want to send transfers on the go, CashRemit offers an Android and iOS smartphone app.
- Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria specialist. The Nigerian naira, Kenyan shilling and Ghanaian cedi are reasonably rare currencies which many other transfer services don't support. So if you need to send money to any of these three countries, CashRemit is worth considering.
- Low fees and competitive rates. CashRemit charges minimal fees and competitive exchange rates for the currencies it supports.
- Disappointing website. The CashRemit website has grammatical errors, links that don't work and only provides basic details about its money transfer service.
- Very limited information available online. There's minimal information provided on the CashRemit website about the registration and verification process, transfer fees, minimum and maximum transaction limits, and transfer speeds. Signing up for an account allows you to see some information, but a detailed support/FAQ section would be a very welcome addition.
- Negative customer reviews. Some CashRemit customers have complained about slow transaction processing times and poor customer service.
How does CashRemit compare to other providers?
Check out the table below to see how the exchange rates, fees and transfer speeds of CashRemit compare to those offered by other international transfer services.
More guides on Finder
A guide to using the Loopring Decentralised Exchange
Learn how to save on Ethereum gas fees by using the Loopring decentralised exchange, and earn money as a liquidity provider.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
DeFi guide: How to use MakerDAO and mint DAI
Read our step-by-step guide on the MakerDAO platform. Find out how it works and how to grant loans using cryptocurrency holdings.
Review: Living Room of Satoshi
Learn how to use crypto for everyday transactions like payments and income.
NBA Top Shot review and guide
This in-depth NBA Top Shot review and guide will give you all the necessary information to decide whether you should buy NBA Top Shot NFTs.
RelayPay cryptocurrency card and app
FInd out about how RelayPay works, what cryptos and fiat currencies it supports, the fees for using it and safety information.
Best 3-player board games in Australia
Our team examined hundreds of customer reviews and ratings and found the eight best 3-player board games available in Australia right now.
Find the best AUD to USD exchange rate
Get today’s best Australian to US dollar exchange rates before you send money overseas.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
Send guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Send provides fee-free transfers via its 24/7 multi-currency payments platform with real-time quotes.
Ask an Expert