CashRemit international money transfers
Fast transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria, but make sure you double-check the exchange rate and fee first.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
- Transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria
- Competitive rates
- Transfer app available
Not so great for
- Disappointing website experience
- Limited information available online
- Some negative customer reviews
What's in this guide?
- CashRemit exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with CashRemit?
- How long does a transfer with CashRemit take?
- What payment methods does CashRemit accept?
- Is CashRemit safe to use?
- How to register an account
- How do I make an international money transfer with CashRemit?
- What is CashRemit?
- In a nutshell
- How does CashRemit compare to other providers?
CashRemit exchange rates and fees
You can see CashRemit's current exchange rates using the currency calculator on its homepage. CashRemit adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate, but the size of this margin varies depending on the currency you send.
Transaction fees also apply but vary depending on the amount you send.
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with CashRemit by using our tool below. You can also check out the real-time exchange rate CashRemit offers and if there are any additional fees.
CashRemit offers online transfers in three currencies:
- GHS Ghanaian cedi
- KES Kenyan shilling
- NGN Nigerian naira
What types of transfers can you make with CashRemit?
CashRemit supports two types of transfers:
- Bank transfers. You can send an online transfer to your recipient's overseas bank account, with transactions usually completed within four business hours.
- Mobile money transfers. CashRemit also supports mobile money transfers via the M-Pesa service, which allows you to send funds directly to your recipient's mobile wallet.
How long does a transfer with CashRemit take?
CashRemit lists the following transfer times on its website:
- Bank deposit to Ghana: 4 business hours
- Bank deposit to Kenya: 2 business hours
- Bank deposit to Nigeria: 2 business hours
M-Pesa transfers are processed in real-time.
What payment methods does CashRemit accept?
You can pay for your CashRemit transaction using a POLi transfer from your bank account.
Orders typically take
Is CashRemit safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Regulated in Australia by ASIC
- Established: 2016
- Number of customers: 10,000+
- Reviews: TrustScore of 8.1/10 on Trustpilot.
CashRemit is registered as a remittance provider with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), and it is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Established in 2016, CashRemit claims to have 10,000 happy customers and to have transferred over $500 million. The CashRemit website also says that there are security measures in place to protect your CashRemit account, but there's limited information about what those measures actually are.
How does CashRemit make money?
CashRemit makes money in two ways:
- By charging transaction fees
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market rate. The mid-market rate is the actual exchange rate at which banks and money transfer services buy and sell currency from one another.
How to register an account
You'll need to complete the following steps to register for a CashRemit account:
- Visit the CashRemit website and click the "Signup" link at the top right of screen.
- Enter your email address, name and phone number before clicking "Sign up".
- Enter the 2-step verification code sent to your mobile.
- To verify your account, click the "Account setting" link from the menu at the left of screen.
- Click the "Unverified" link and then email a copy of your passport or driver's licence to the address provided.
How do I make an international money transfer with CashRemit?
- Login to your account.
- Enter the amount of AUD you want to send and the currency you want to transfer.
- Select either a bank deposit or a mobile money transfer.
- Review the exchange rate and transaction fee before clicking "Continue".
- Enter your recipient's bank account details.
- Review all transfer details and then submit your transaction.
What is CashRemit?
CashRemit is an online remittance service that offers transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Founded in January 2016, its registered business address is in Osborne Park, WA. CashRemit aims to offer a fast and hassle-free international transfer experience to customers.
In a nutshell
- Mobile app available. If you want to send transfers on the go, CashRemit offers an Android and iOS smartphone app.
- Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria specialist. The Nigerian naira, Kenyan shilling and Ghanaian cedi are reasonably rare currencies which many other transfer services don't support. So if you need to send money to any of these three countries, CashRemit is worth considering.
- Low fees and competitive rates. CashRemit charges minimal fees and competitive exchange rates for the currencies it supports.
- Disappointing website. The CashRemit website has grammatical errors, links that don't work and only provides basic details about its money transfer service.
- Very limited information available online. There's minimal information provided on the CashRemit website about the registration and verification process, transfer fees, minimum and maximum transaction limits, and transfer speeds. Signing up for an account allows you to see some information, but a detailed support/FAQ section would be a very welcome addition.
- Negative customer reviews. Some CashRemit customers have complained about slow transaction processing times and poor customer service.
How does CashRemit compare to other providers?
Check out the table below to see how the exchange rates, fees and transfer speeds of CashRemit compare to those offered by other international transfer services.
More guides on Finder
Best Tablets in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of computer tablets to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Luno cryptocurrency exchange – review
Buy bitcoin and Ethereum with selected fiat currencies through Luno’s easy-to-use platform.
Best backpacks in Australia
We read hundreds of customer reviews and compared key product features to find the best backpacks you can buy in Australia.
Best cheap laptops in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of cheap laptops of every kind to determine the best available in Australia for all purposes.
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best binoculars in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of field glasses of all types to determine the best binoculars in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best heart rate monitors in Australia
These are the 5 best heart rate monitors you can buy today in Australia.
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
Best leather cleaners in Australia 2020
We sorted through hundreds of customer reviews and product features to find the best leather cleaners to use on sofas, car seats and shoes.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert