CashRemit international money transfers
Fast transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria, but make sure you double-check the exchange rate and fee first.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria
- Competitive rates
- Transfer app available
Not so great for
- Disappointing website experience
- Limited information available online
- Some negative customer reviews
CashRemit exchange rates and fees
You can see CashRemit's current exchange rates using the currency calculator on its homepage. CashRemit adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate, but the size of this margin varies depending on the currency you send.
Transaction fees also apply but vary depending on the amount you send.
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with CashRemit by using our tool below. You can also check out the real-time exchange rate CashRemit offers and if there are any additional fees.
CashRemit offers online transfers in three currencies:
- GHS Ghanaian cedi
- KES Kenyan shilling
- NGN Nigerian naira
What types of transfers can you make with CashRemit?
CashRemit supports two types of transfers:
- Bank transfers. You can send an online transfer to your recipient's overseas bank account, with transactions usually completed within four business hours.
- Mobile money transfers. CashRemit also supports mobile money transfers via the M-Pesa service, which allows you to send funds directly to your recipient's mobile wallet.
How long does a transfer with CashRemit take?
CashRemit lists the following transfer times on its website:
- Bank deposit to Ghana: 4 business hours
- Bank deposit to Kenya: 2 business hours
- Bank deposit to Nigeria: 2 business hours
M-Pesa transfers are processed in real-time.
What payment methods does CashRemit accept?
You can pay for your CashRemit transaction using a POLi transfer from your bank account.
Orders typically take
Is CashRemit safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Regulated in Australia by ASIC
- Established: 2016
- Number of customers: 10,000+
- Reviews: TrustScore of 8.1/10 on Trustpilot.
CashRemit is registered as a remittance provider with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), and it is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Established in 2016, CashRemit claims to have 10,000 happy customers and to have transferred over $500 million. The CashRemit website also says that there are security measures in place to protect your CashRemit account, but there's limited information about what those measures actually are.
How does CashRemit make money?
CashRemit makes money in two ways:
- By charging transaction fees
- By adding a margin on top of the mid-market rate. The mid-market rate is the actual exchange rate at which banks and money transfer services buy and sell currency from one another.
How to register an account
You'll need to complete the following steps to register for a CashRemit account:
- Visit the CashRemit website and click the "Signup" link at the top right of screen.
- Enter your email address, name and phone number before clicking "Sign up".
- Enter the 2-step verification code sent to your mobile.
- To verify your account, click the "Account setting" link from the menu at the left of screen.
- Click the "Unverified" link and then email a copy of your passport or driver's licence to the address provided.
How do I make an international money transfer with CashRemit?
- Login to your account.
- Enter the amount of AUD you want to send and the currency you want to transfer.
- Select either a bank deposit or a mobile money transfer.
- Review the exchange rate and transaction fee before clicking "Continue".
- Enter your recipient's bank account details.
- Review all transfer details and then submit your transaction.
What is CashRemit?
CashRemit is an online remittance service that offers transfers to Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Founded in January 2016, its registered business address is in Osborne Park, WA. CashRemit aims to offer a fast and hassle-free international transfer experience to customers.
In a nutshell
- Mobile app available. If you want to send transfers on the go, CashRemit offers an Android and iOS smartphone app.
- Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria specialist. The Nigerian naira, Kenyan shilling and Ghanaian cedi are reasonably rare currencies which many other transfer services don't support. So if you need to send money to any of these three countries, CashRemit is worth considering.
- Low fees and competitive rates. CashRemit charges minimal fees and competitive exchange rates for the currencies it supports.
- Disappointing website. The CashRemit website has grammatical errors, links that don't work and only provides basic details about its money transfer service.
- Very limited information available online. There's minimal information provided on the CashRemit website about the registration and verification process, transfer fees, minimum and maximum transaction limits, and transfer speeds. Signing up for an account allows you to see some information, but a detailed support/FAQ section would be a very welcome addition.
- Negative customer reviews. Some CashRemit customers have complained about slow transaction processing times and poor customer service.
How does CashRemit compare to other providers?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
MasterRemit allows you to transfer your money quickly in a range of currencies.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
iRemit international money transfers review
Make simple and small transfers to the Philippines through the IREMITX app.
How do international money orders work?
Using international money orders to send money overseas? Learn about better options.
Money Transfer Finder®
Our picks for the best ways to send money internationally.
How does PayPal.Me work?
Learn how to create a custom link for your PayPal account and what you can use it for.
SingX promo codes and discounts
If you’re looking to save some cash the next time you send money overseas, check out our up-to-date SingX promo codes.
We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Western Union vs MoneyGram
To find the best rate for your next money transfer, check out our comparison of the fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds of Western Union and MoneyGram.
Review: SingX international money transfers
Your guide to international money transfers with SingX, including exchange rates, fees and safety.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
New customers get their first transaction for free with code FIRSTFREE. T&Cs apply.
Send money in minutes at competitive exchange rates with this Australian money transfer service.
Ask an Expert