How to buy Zimplats shares
Own Zimplats shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Zimplats Holdings Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Zimplats shares (ZIM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Zimplats has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.2 billion.
How to buy shares in Zimplats
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Zimplats. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ZIM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Zimplats reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Zimplats. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Zimplats share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ZIM stocks over time.
Zimplats shares at a glance
|52-week range||$7.5239 - $22.3|
|50-day moving average||$16.7714|
|200-day moving average||$12.8175|
|Dividend yield||$0.827 (3.96%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$4.007|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Zimplats stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Zimplats under- or over-valued?
Valuing Zimplats stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Zimplats's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Zimplats's P/E ratio
Zimplats's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, Zimplats shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Zimplats's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $708.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Zimplats's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$1.2 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||53.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$388.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||22.04%|
|Return on equity TTM||33.56%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Zimplats share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 10.2% of net profits
Recently Zimplats has paid out, on average, around 10.2% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.21% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Zimplats shareholders could enjoy a 5.21% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Zimplats's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.827 per share.
While Zimplats's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Zimplats is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 17 February 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Zimplats share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Zimplats's shares have ranged in value from as little as $7.5239 up to $22.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Zimplats's is 0.6944. This would suggest that Zimplats's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Zimplats Holdings Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production of platinum and associated metals mined from the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe. The company produces platinum, palladium, rhodium, iridium, and ruthenium, as well as nickel, gold, copper, cobalt, and silver deposits. It operates mines in Ngezi. The company was incorporated in 1998 and is based in Saint Peter Port, Guernsey.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Robinhood stock from Australia
Robinhood is set to go public as soon as June. Here's what you need to do to buy in from Australia.
How to build a DIY Raspberry Pi arcade machine for retro gaming
We explain everything you need to make your own retro arcade machine, built around the super-flexible Raspberry Pi.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
How to sell shares in Australia
All the key info you need to know to sell shares you inherited or received as a gift.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing Roblox shares.
How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from Australia
Everything we know about the Deliveroo IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Zimplats shares
Steps to owning and managing Zebit shares.
How to buy Zimplats shares
Steps to owning and managing CleanSpace shares.
Ask an Expert