How to buy Yancoal Australia (YAL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Yancoal Australia shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Yancoal Australia Ltd is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Yancoal Australia shares (YAL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Yancoal Australia has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.3 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Yancoal Australia
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Yancoal Australia . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: YAL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Yancoal Australia reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Yancoal Australia . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Yancoal Australia key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Yancoal Australia stock a buy or sell?
- Yancoal Australia performance over time
- Yancoal Australia 's financials
- How volatile are Yancoal Australia shares?
- Does Yancoal Australia pay a dividend?
- Have Yancoal Australia shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Yancoal Australia stock price (ASX:YAL)Use our graph to track the performance of YAL stocks over time.
Yancoal Australia shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.88 - $2.75|
|50-day moving average||$2.2989|
|200-day moving average||$2.1832|
|Dividend yield||$0.212 (8.03%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-1.344|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Yancoal Australia stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Yancoal Australia price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-17)||1.60%|
|1 month (2021-08-25)||20.38%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||25.74%|
|6 months (2021-03-25)||13.90%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||27.00%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||-15.61%|
|3 years (2018-09-25)||-98.34%|
|5 years (2016-09-23)||-98.47%|
Is Yancoal Australia under- or over-valued?
Valuing Yancoal Australia stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Yancoal Australia 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Yancoal Australia 's EBITDA
Yancoal Australia 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $479 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Yancoal Australia 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Yancoal Australia financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.3 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.4 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||-30.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Yancoal Australia share dividends
We're not expecting Yancoal Australia to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Yancoal Australia 's shares ever split?
Yancoal Australia 's shares were split on a 1:35 basis on 28 September 2018. So if you had owned 35 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Yancoal Australia shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 3400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Yancoal Australia shares which in turn could have impacted Yancoal Australia 's share price.
Yancoal Australia share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Yancoal Australia 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.88 up to $2.75. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Yancoal Australia 's is 0.5086. This would suggest that Yancoal Australia 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Yancoal Australia overview
Yancoal Australia Ltd engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of metallurgical and thermal coal in Japan, Singapore, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, and internationally. It owns 95% interests in the Moolarben coal mine located in the Western Coalfields of New South Wales; 100% interests in the Stratford Duralie mines located within the New South Wales Gloucester Basin; 100% interests in the Yarrabee mine located to the northeast of Blackwater in Central Queensland's Bowen Basin; and 80% interests in the Mount Thorley mine and 84.5% interests in the Warkworth mine in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. It also manages six other projects in New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Sydney, Australia. Yancoal Australia Ltd is a subsidiary of Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited.
Stocks similar to Yancoal Australia
Yancoal Australia in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
Virgin Tasmania flights sale from $49 and double status credits
Virgin Australia launches more direct Tassie services with flexible flights taking off from October 2021.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert