Worley Limited is an oil & gas equipment & services business based in Australia. Worley shares (WOR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Worley has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $13.1 billion.
How to buy shares in Worley
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Worley. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WOR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Worley reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Worley. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Worley share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WOR stocks over time.
Worley shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$4.63 - AUDA$16.24|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$9.3503|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$8.4723|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.5 (5.11%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.327|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Worley stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Worley under- or over-valued?
Valuing Worley stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Worley's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Worley's P/E ratio
Worley's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 30x. In other words, Worley shares trade at around 30x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Worley's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $827 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Worley's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$13.1 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||4.89%|
|Gross profit TTM||$807 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.14%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Worley share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 122.32% of net profits
Recently Worley has paid out, on average, around 122.32% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.11% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Worley shareholders could enjoy a 5.11% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Worley's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.5 per share.
Worley's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 31 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Worley share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Worley's shares have ranged in value from as little as $4.63 up to $16.24. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Worley's is 2.5958. This would suggest that Worley's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Worley Limited provides professional services to resources and energy sectors. It operates through Energy and Chemical Services; Mining, Minerals, and Metal Services; Major Projects and Integrated Solutions; and Advisian segments. The company provides engineering design and project delivery services, including maintenance, reliability support, and advisory services. It also offers engineering and project management services to full lifecycle asset management in offshore environment; consulting and advisory services to oil and gas field development, production assurance, subsea, and topsides; engineering design and data management systems; and supply chain and logistics management services for small and large projects. In addition, the company provides construction management services; and module fabrication and field construction for conventional oil and gas facilities, oil sands and heavy oil facilities, pipeline terminals, pipeline pump and compressor stations, petrochemical plants, and thermal power facilities. Further, it offers dimensional control, laser scanning, and lean engineering services; and develops data collation, integrity, and remediation platforms, as well as sensor integration and machine learning, and global marketplace procurement platforms. The company was formerly known as WorleyParsons Limited and changed its name to Worley Limited in October 2019. Worley Limited was founded in 1971 and is based in North Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert