WiseTech Global Limited is a software—application business based in Australia. Wisetech Global shares (WTC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $25.83 – a decrease of 3.55% over the previous week. Wisetech Global has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $429.4 million.
How to buy shares in Wisetech Global
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Wisetech Global. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WTC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Wisetech Global reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $25.83, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Wisetech Global. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Wisetech Global key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Wisetech Global stock a buy or sell?
- Wisetech Global performance over time
- Are Wisetech Global shares over-valued?
- Wisetech Global's financials
- How volatile are Wisetech Global shares?
- Does Wisetech Global pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Wisetech Global share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WTC stocks over time.
Wisetech Global shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$25.83|
|52-week range||AUDA$9.97 - AUDA$35.81|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$25.8394|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$20.4648|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (0.12%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.503|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Wisetech Global stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Wisetech Global price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-3.55%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-8.21%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||30.52%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||78.14%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-24.67%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||16.93%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||196.90%|
|5 years (2015-09-25)||N/A|
Is Wisetech Global under- or over-valued?
Valuing Wisetech Global stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Wisetech Global's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Wisetech Global's P/E ratio
Wisetech Global's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 93x. In other words, Wisetech Global shares trade at around 93x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Wisetech Global's EBITDA
Wisetech Global's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $101.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Wisetech Global's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Wisetech Global financials
|Revenue TTM||$429.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||19.05%|
|Gross profit TTM||$345.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||18.17%|
|Market capitalisation||$8.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Wisetech Global share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 11.98% of net profits
Recently Wisetech Global has paid out, on average, around 11.98% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.12% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Wisetech Global shareholders could enjoy a 0.12% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Wisetech Global's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
While Wisetech Global's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Wisetech Global is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 3 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Wisetech Global share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Wisetech Global's shares have ranged in value from as little as $9.97 up to $35.81. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Wisetech Global's is 0.9942. This would suggest that Wisetech Global's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Wisetech Global overview
WiseTech Global Limited provides cloud-based software solutions to the logistics industry in Asia Pacific, the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The company develops, sells, and implements software solutions that enable logistics service providers to facilitate the movement and storage of goods and information. It offers CargoWise, a software platform for logistics service providers that enables execution of complex logistics transactions and manage operations. In addition, the company provides tariff management software; terminal management logistics solutions; customs, bonded warehouse and trade compliance solutions; freight forwarding solutions; intermodal trucking, less than truckload, and parcel shipping transportation management solutions; container optimisation solutions to the shipping and landside logistics communities; and messaging integration solutions. It serves multinational companies, and small and mid-sized regional and domestic enterprises. WiseTech Global Limited was founded in 1994 and is based in Alexandria, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert