How to buy Virgin Australia Holdings shares | A$0.086
Own Virgin Australia Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Virgin Australia Holdings Limited is an airlines business based in Australia. Virgin Australia Holdings shares (VAH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.086 – the same closing value as a week prior. Virgin Australia Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5.9 billion.
How to buy shares in Virgin Australia Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Virgin Australia Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VAH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Virgin Australia Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.086, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Virgin Australia Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Virgin Australia Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Virgin Australia Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Virgin Australia Holdings performance over time
- Virgin Australia Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Virgin Australia Holdings shares?
- Does Virgin Australia Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Virgin Australia Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Virgin Australia Holdings 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Virgin Australia Holdings 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.086, which is 33.85% down on its pre-crash value of $0.13 and 72.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.05.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Virgin Australia Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $392.86 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $614.29.
Virgin Australia Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of VAH stocks over time.
Virgin Australia Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.086|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.05 - AUDA$0.16|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.086|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0859|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.041|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Virgin Australia Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Virgin Australia Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-23)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-23)||0%|
|1 year (2019-10-23)||-46.25%|
|2 years (2018-10-23)||-60.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-23)||-54.74%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||-81.89%|
Is Virgin Australia Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Virgin Australia Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Virgin Australia Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Virgin Australia Holdings 's EBITDA
Virgin Australia Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $458.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Virgin Australia Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Virgin Australia Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$5.9 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.6 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.1%|
|Return on equity TTM||-36.81%|
|Market capitalisation||$726.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Virgin Australia Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Virgin Australia Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Virgin Australia Holdings 's shares ever split?
Virgin Australia Holdings 's shares were split on 28 July 2009.
Virgin Australia Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Virgin Australia Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.05 up to $0.16. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Virgin Australia Holdings 's is 0.5813. This would suggest that Virgin Australia Holdings 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Virgin Australia Holdings overview
Virgin Australia Holdings Limited engages in the operation of domestic and international passenger and cargo airline business in Australia. The company operates through Virgin Australia Domestic, Virgin Australia International, Velocity, and Tigerair Australia segments. Its aircraft flies to domestic destinations, including regional network, charter, and cargo operations; and international destinations comprising Trans-Pacific, Trans-Tasman, Pacific Island, and South East Asian flying, as well as international cargo operations. The company's fleet primarily includes Boeing B737 and B777, Airbus A320 and A330, ATR, Embraer E190, and Fokker F100 aircraft. It also operates a frequent flyer program. The company serves corporate, government, leisure, low cost, regional, charter travelers, and air freight customers. It has strategic alliances with Air New Zealand Limited, Delta Air Lines Inc., Etihad Airways P.J.S.C., Singapore Airlines Limited, and HNA Aviation Group. The company was formerly known as Virgin Blue Holdings Limited and changed its name to Virgin Australia Holdings Limited in 2011. Virgin Australia Holdings Limited was founded in 2000 and is based in Bowen Hills, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert