How to buy Riot Blockchain (RIOT) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Riot Blockchain shares.
Riot Blockchain Inc (RIOT) is a leading capital markets business with stocks listed in the US. It opened the day at US$12.14 after a previous close of US$11.82. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD12.06 to a high of USD12.38. The latest price was USD12.26 (25 minute delay). Riot Blockchain is listed on the NASDAQ. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in Riot Blockchain
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company listed in the US from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. Look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, which will typically include your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Riot Blockchain. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RIOT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment that matches your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Riot Blockchain reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying using consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$11.82, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Riot Blockchain, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Riot Blockchain. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights.
What's in this guide?
- Riot Blockchain key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Riot Blockchain stock a buy or sell?
- Riot Blockchain performance over time
- Riot Blockchain's financials
- How volatile are Riot Blockchain shares?
- Does Riot Blockchain pay a dividend?
- Have Riot Blockchain shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Riot Blockchain stock price (NASDAQ:RIOT)Use our graph to track the performance of RIOT stocks over time.
Have Riot Blockchain's shares ever split?
Riot Blockchain's shares were split on a 1:8 basis on 31 March 2016. So if you had owned 8 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Riot Blockchain shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 700% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Riot Blockchain shares which in turn could have impacted Riot Blockchain's share price.
Riot Blockchain shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$3.25 - US$20.65|
|50-day moving average||US$9.9968|
|200-day moving average||US$11.0263|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0.3%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-1.8|
Riot Blockchain price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-21)||9.76%|
|1 month (2023-10-27)||28.51%|
|3 months (2023-08-28)||16.87%|
|6 months (2023-05-26)||12.27%|
|1 year (2022-11-28)||188.47%|
|2 years (2021-11-26)||-64.89%|
|3 years (2020-11-27)||96.16%|
|5 years (2018-11-28)||486.60%|
Compare trading platforms to buy Riot Blockchain shares
Is it a good time to buy Riot Blockchain stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Riot Blockchain share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Riot Blockchain's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$3.25 up to US$20.65. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Riot Blockchain's is 4.251. This would suggest that Riot Blockchain's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Riot Blockchain financials
|Revenue TTM||US$262 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$65.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-14.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.88%|
|Market capitalisation||US$2.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Riot Blockchain share dividends
We're not expecting Riot Blockchain to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Riot Blockchain overview
Riot Platforms, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a bitcoin mining company in North America. It operates through Bitcoin Mining, Data Center Hosting, and Engineering segments. The company also provides co-location services for institutional-scale bitcoin mining companies; and critical infrastructure and workforce for institutional-scale miners to deploy and operate their miners. In addition, it engages in the design and manufacturing of power distribution equipment and custom engineered electrical products; electricity distribution product design, manufacture, and installation services primarily focused on large-scale commercial and governmental customers, as well as a range of markets, including data center, power generation, utility, water, industrial, and alternative energy; operation of data centers; and maintenance/management of computing capacity. The company was formerly known as Riot Blockchain, Inc. Riot Platforms, Inc. was incorporated in 1998 and is based in Castle Rock, Colorado.
Stocks similar to Riot Blockchain
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Nov 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert