Qantas Airways (QAN) is Australia's flagship carrier and a leading international airline and tourism services provider. Qantas is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and employs 29586 people. The company has faced numerous challenges in the past decade, however its return to profit and dividend payouts in 2017 has been taken as a positive by investors. If you want to buy QAN shares, check out the data and follow the steps below.
How to buy shares in Qantas
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Qantas. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: QAN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Qantas reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$3.48, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Qantas. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Qantas (QAN)
Qantas share priceUse our graph to track the performance of QAN stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy Qantas shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Qantas company summary
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Name||Qantas Airways Limited||ISIN||AU000000QAN2|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||29586|
Detailed company information
Qantas Airways Limited provides passenger and freight air transportation services in Australia and internationally. The company also offers air cargo and express freight services; and customer loyalty programs. As of June 30, 2019, it operated a fleet of 314 aircraft. The company was founded in 1920 and is headquartered in Mascot, Australia.
Broker Recommendations (21 Feb, 2020)
- Macquarie: Buy | Target price $7.9
- Citi: Hold | Target price $6.7
- UBS: Buy | Target price $7.4
- Credit Suisse: Hold | Target price $6.5
- Morgan Stanley: Buy | Target price $7.5
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert