How to buy NEXTDC shares
Own NEXTDC shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
NEXTDC Limited is an information technology services business based in Australia. NEXTDC shares (NXT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. NEXTDC has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $200.8 million.
How to buy shares in NEXTDC
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for NEXTDC. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NXT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until NEXTDC reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $11.28, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of NEXTDC. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted NEXTDC's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, NEXTDC's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $11.28, which is 30.50% up on its pre-crash value of $7.84 and 75.16% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $6.44.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of NEXTDC shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $928.13 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,502.04.
NEXTDC share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NXT stocks over time.
NEXTDC shares at a glance
|52-week range||$6.44 - $14.1|
|50-day moving average||$11.8621|
|200-day moving average||$12.0043|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.029|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy NEXTDC stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
NEXTDC price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||-7.62%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-7.62%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-16.13%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||2.55%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||62.07%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||70.65%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||100.36%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||388.38%|
Is NEXTDC under- or over-valued?
Valuing NEXTDC stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of NEXTDC's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
NEXTDC's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $97.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a NEXTDC's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$200.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||16.92%|
|Gross profit TTM||$128.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.53%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
NEXTDC share dividends
We're not expecting NEXTDC to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
NEXTDC share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, NEXTDC's shares have ranged in value from as little as $6.44 up to $14.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while NEXTDC's is -0.1353. This would suggest that NEXTDC's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, NEXTDC has bucked the trend.
NEXTDC Limited provides data center outsourcing solutions, connectivity services, and infrastructure management software in Australia. The company offers cloud connectivity for organizations; data center-as-a-service solutions; universal connectivity solutions; cloud center ecosystems; data-center infrastructure management; and intelligent service management services. It also provides technical assistance on-the-ground; and data center professional services for the infrastructure life cycle, including technical advisory, planning, project management, managing deliveries, and operational infrastructure support. In addition, the company provides data center colocation solutions comprising rack packages for individual or multiple racks; Rack Blocks to share the total power allocation across various racks; and Quarter Racks for smaller footprints. Further, it offers security systems and protocols that include multi-layered access systems with biometric fingerprint technology and ID access cards. Additionally, the company provides ONEDC, a data-center infrastructure management tool, which delivers real-time intelligence across entire NEXTDC data center footprint to manage infrastructure; and AXON virtual interconnectivity platform. NEXTDC Limited was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert