How to buy Novonix shares | A$1.27
Own Novonix shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Novonix Limited is an electrical equipment & parts business based in Australia. Novonix shares (NVX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.27 – an increase of 12.89% over the previous week. Novonix has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $4.3 million.
How to buy shares in Novonix
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Novonix . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NVX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Novonix reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.27, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Novonix . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Novonix 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Novonix 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.27, which is 67.72% up on its pre-crash value of $0.41 and 605.56% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.18.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Novonix shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $488.89 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,822.22.
Novonix share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NVX stocks over time.
Novonix shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.27|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.22 - AUDA$2.4|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.4478|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.9579|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.212|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Novonix stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Novonix price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-22)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-29)||17.05%|
|3 months (2020-07-29)||21.53%|
|6 months (2020-04-29)||303.17%|
|1 year (2019-10-29)||120.87%|
|2 years (2018-10-29)||159.18%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||-13.01%|
|5 years (2015-10-25)||N/A|
|Revenue TTM||$4.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-16.74%|
|Return on equity TTM||-48.67%|
|Market capitalisation||$392.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Novonix share dividends
We're not expecting Novonix to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Novonix share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Novonix 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.22 up to $2.4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Novonix 's is 2.6229. This would suggest that Novonix 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Novonix Limited develops and supplies battery materials, equipment, and services to the lithium-ion battery market in North America. The company operates through three segments: Graphite Exploration and Mining, Battery Technology, and Battery Materials. The Graphite Exploration and Mining segment explores for graphite in Australia. The Battery Technology segment develops battery cell testing equipment and batteries, and consulting services. The Battery Materials segment develops and manufactures battery anode materials. The company is also involved in the investment and battery testing activities. The company was formerly known as Graphitecorp Limited and changed its name to Novonix Limited in July 2017. Novonix Limited was founded in 2012 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Novonix shares | $58.06
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Novonix shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Novonix shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Novonix shares | $72.84
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Novonix shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Where to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia.
Where to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert