We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Nine Entertainment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Nine Entertainment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Nine Entertainment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$2.42, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Nine Entertainment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
Price details for Nine Entertainment (NEC)
Nine Entertainment share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NEC stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy Nine Entertainment shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Nine Entertainment company summary
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Name||Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited||ISIN||AU000000NEC4|
|Currency code||AUD||Sector||Communication Services|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||0|
Detailed company information
Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited engages in the broadcasting and program production businesses across free to air television and metropolitan radio networks in Australia. It operates through Broadcasting, Digital and Publishing, Domain Group, and Stan segments. The company provides television services under the brands, including Channel 9, 9Rush, 9Go!, 9Gem, and 9Life; video on demand platform under 9Now brand; talkback radio stations under 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR, 2UE, 4BH, 6GT, Magic1278 brands; and publishes newspapers, news-inserted magazines, and events, as well as nine.com.au, a site of news, sport, entertainment, and lifestyle content. It offers mastheads under the The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, and The Australian Financial Review brands. The company also provides real estate media and technology services. Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in North Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Althea Group shares | A$0.46
Steps to owning and managing Althea Group shares.
How to buy AusCann Group shares | A$0.18
Steps to owning and managing AusCann Group shares.
How to buy Kodak shares | US$9.46
Steps to owning and managing Kodak shares from Australia.
How to buy Sorrento Therapeutics shares | US$9.64
Steps to owning and managing Sorrento Therapeutics shares from Australia.
How to buy Marathon Patent Group shares | US$18.3
Steps to owning and managing Marathon Patent Group shares from Australia.
How to buy Kandi Technologies shares | US$8.18
Steps to owning and managing Kandi Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Taoping shares | US$3.43
Steps to owning and managing Taoping shares from Australia.
How to buy American Airlines shares | US$15.82
Steps to owning and managing American Airlines shares from Australia.
How to buy MGM Resorts shares | US$31.39
Steps to owning and managing MGM Resorts shares.
How to buy Precipio shares | US$2.62
Steps to owning and managing Precipio shares.
Ask an Expert