We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
National Storage REIT is a reit-industrial business based in Australia. National Storage REIT shares (NSR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. National Storage REIT has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $176.2 million..
How to buy shares in National Storage REIT
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for National Storage REIT. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NSR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until National Storage REIT reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.88, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of National Storage REIT. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- National Storage REIT key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is National Storage REIT stock a buy or sell?
- National Storage REIT performance over time
- Are National Storage REIT shares over-valued?
- National Storage REIT's financials
- How volatile are National Storage REIT shares?
- Does National Storage REIT pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
National Storage REIT share priceUse our graph to track the performance of NSR stocks over time.
National Storage REIT shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.1543 - $2.3375|
|50-day moving average||$1.9415|
|200-day moving average||$1.8845|
|Dividend yield||$0.07 (3.89%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy National Storage REIT stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
National Storage REIT price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-1.83%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-3.84%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-0.27%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-1.05%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-14.16%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||7.12%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||23.42%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||32.69%|
Is National Storage REIT under- or over-valued?
Valuing National Storage REIT stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of National Storage REIT's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
National Storage REIT's P/E ratio
National Storage REIT's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 330x. In other words, National Storage REIT shares trade at around 330x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
National Storage REIT's EBITDA
National Storage REIT's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $98.7 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a National Storage REIT's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
National Storage REIT financials
|Revenue TTM||$176.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||55.82%|
|Gross profit TTM||$153.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||8.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
National Storage REIT share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 46.25% of net profits
Recently National Storage REIT has paid out, on average, around 46.25% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.89% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), National Storage REIT shareholders could enjoy a 3.89% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In National Storage REIT's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.07 per share.
While National Storage REIT's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that National Storage REIT may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 30 December 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
National Storage REIT share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, National Storage REIT's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.1543 up to $2.3375. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while National Storage REIT's is 0.4928. This would suggest that National Storage REIT's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
National Storage REIT overview
National Storage is the largest self-storage provider in Australia and New Zealand, with 194 centres providing tailored storage solutions to over 70,000 residential and commercial customers. NSR is the first independent, internally managed and fully integrated owner and operator of self-storage centres to be listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy National Storage REIT units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert