How to buy National Storage REIT (NSR) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in National Storage REIT shares.
National Storage REIT is a reit - industrial business based in Australia. National Storage REIT shares (NSR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. National Storage REIT has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $327.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in National Storage REIT
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for National Storage REIT. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NSR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until National Storage REIT reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of National Storage REIT. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- National Storage REIT key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is National Storage REIT stock a buy or sell?
- National Storage REIT performance over time
- Are National Storage REIT shares over-valued?
- National Storage REIT's financials
- How volatile are National Storage REIT shares?
- Does National Storage REIT pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
National Storage REIT stock price (ASX:NSR)Use our graph to track the performance of NSR stocks over time.
National Storage REIT shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.9875 - $2.5599|
|50-day moving average||$2.1441|
|200-day moving average||$2.3331|
|Dividend yield||$0.11 (4.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.29|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy National Storage REIT stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
National Storage REIT price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-30)||9.26%|
|1 month (2023-11-10)||11.85%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||5.83%|
|6 months (2023-06-09)||-5.22%|
|1 year (2022-12-09)||0.43%|
|2 years (2021-12-10)||-5.22%|
|3 years (2020-12-10)||15.12%|
|5 years (2018-12-10)||33.71%|
Is National Storage REIT under- or over-valued?
Valuing National Storage REIT stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of National Storage REIT's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
National Storage REIT's P/E ratio
National Storage REIT's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, National Storage REIT shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
National Storage REIT's EBITDA
National Storage REIT's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $191.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a National Storage REIT's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure stock profitability.
National Storage REIT financials
|Revenue TTM||$327.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||58.01%|
|Gross profit TTM||$289.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.29%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
National Storage REIT share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 73.33% of net profits
Recently National Storage REIT has paid out, on average, around 73.33% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), National Storage REIT shareholders could enjoy a 4.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In National Storage REIT's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.11 per share.
National Storage REIT's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 29 June 2023 (the "ex-dividend date").
National Storage REIT share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, National Storage REIT's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.9875 up to $2.5599. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while National Storage REIT's is 0.619. This would suggest that National Storage REIT's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
National Storage REIT overview
National Storage is the largest self-storage provider in Australia and New Zealand, with over 225 centres providing tailored storage solutions to over 90,000 residential and commercial customers. NSR is the first independent, internally managed and fully integrated owner and operator of self-storage centres to be listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
National Storage REIT in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert