How to buy Megaport (MP1) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Megaport shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Megaport is a software-infrastructure business based in Australia. Megaport shares (MP1) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Megaport has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $93.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Megaport
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Megaport. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MP1. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Megaport reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Megaport. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Megaport stock price (ASX:MP1)Use our graph to track the performance of MP1 stocks over time.
Megaport shares at a glance
|52-week range||$4.7 - $22|
|50-day moving average||$7.1136|
|200-day moving average||$14.1822|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.236|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Megaport stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Megaport price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-24)||-2.68%|
|1 month (2022-06-01)||-21.58%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-60.56%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-70.64%|
|1 year (2021-07-01)||-69.87%|
|2 years (2020-07-01)||-57.98%|
|3 years (2019-07-01)||-16.67%|
|5 years (2017-06-30)||139.04%|
|Revenue TTM||$93.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$42.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-13.23%|
|Return on equity TTM||-20.2%|
|Market capitalisation||$873.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Megaport share dividends
We're not expecting Megaport to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Megaport share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Megaport's shares have ranged in value from as little as $4.7 up to $22. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Megaport's is 0.9819. This would suggest that Megaport's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Megaport Limited provides elastic interconnection services to the enterprises and service providers in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, North America, and Europe. It operates a platform that enables customers to connect their network to other services, as well as creates agile network that connects in multiple regions; and Megaport virtual edge platform that enables businesses to connect to Megaport's ecosystem of service providers. The company also offers internet exchange services; and marketplace, an online hub to interconnect service providers and enterprise customers for businesses. In addition, it provides cloud connectivity solutions; and virtual routing for cloud networking. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Fortitude Valley, Australia.
Stocks similar to Megaport
Megaport in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert