Megaport Limited is a software—infrastructure business based in Australia. Megaport shares (MP1) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Megaport has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $58 million.
How to buy shares in Megaport
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Megaport. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MP1. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Megaport reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Megaport. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Megaport share priceUse our graph to track the performance of MP1 stocks over time.
Megaport shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$6.11 - AUDA$17.67|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$15.39|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$12.9588|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.274|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Megaport stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
|Revenue TTM||$58 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$29.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-14.73%|
|Return on equity TTM||-29.54%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Megaport share dividends
We're not expecting Megaport to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Megaport share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Megaport's shares have ranged in value from as little as $6.11 up to $17.67. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Megaport's is 0.6006. This would suggest that Megaport's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Megaport Limited provides elastic interconnection services to the enterprises and service providers in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, North America, and Europe. The company operates a platform that enables customers to connect their network to other services; and megaport virtual edge platform that enables businesses to connect to Megaport's ecosystem of service providers. It also offers internet exchange services. In addition, the company provides cloud connectivity solutions; and virtual routing for cloud networking. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Fortitude Valley, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert