Iluka Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Iluka Resources shares (ILU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $9.62 – an increase of 0.21% over the previous week. Iluka Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.2 billion.
How to buy shares in Iluka Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Iluka Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ILU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Iluka Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $9.62, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Iluka Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Iluka Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Iluka Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Iluka Resources performance over time
- Are Iluka Resources shares over-valued?
- Iluka Resources's financials
- How volatile are Iluka Resources shares?
- Does Iluka Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Iluka Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Iluka Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Iluka Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $9.62, which is 0.83% up on its pre-crash value of $9.54 and 68.18% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $5.72.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Iluka Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $664.52 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,031.07.
Iluka Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ILU stocks over time.
Iluka Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$9.62|
|52-week range||AUDA$6.2 - AUDA$10.42|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$9.7523|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$8.4338|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.13 (1.35%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.74|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Iluka Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Iluka Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||-3.70%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||-3.51%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||14.80%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||37.43%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||28.10%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||-2.24%|
|3 years (2017-09-19)||4.45%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||41.06%|
Is Iluka Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Iluka Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Iluka Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Iluka Resources's P/E ratio
Iluka Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 13x. In other words, Iluka Resources shares trade at around 13x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Iluka Resources's EBITDA
Iluka Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $749.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Iluka Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Iluka Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.2 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||32.57%|
|Gross profit TTM||$778.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||11.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Iluka Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Iluka Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Iluka Resources's shares ever split?
Iluka Resources's shares were split on 18 March 2008.
Iluka Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Iluka Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $6.2 up to $10.42. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Iluka Resources's is 1.3584. This would suggest that Iluka Resources's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Iluka Resources overview
Iluka Resources Limited engages in the exploration, project development, mining, processing, marketing, and rehabilitation of mineral sands. The company operates through Jacinth-Ambrosia/Mid West, Cataby/South West, Sierra Rutile, Mining Area C, and United States/Murray Basin segments. It produces zircon; titanium dioxide products of rutile and synthetic rutile; and ilmenite, as well as activated carbon and iron concentrate products. The company's products are used in home, workplace, medical, lifestyle, and industrial applications. It has operations in Australia, China, rest of Asia, Europe, the Americas, and internationally. The company was formerly known as Westralian Sands Limited and changed its name to Iluka Resources Limited in May 1999. Iluka Resources Limited was founded in 1954 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert