Growthpoint Properties Australia is a reit—diversified business based in Australia. Growthpoint Properties Australia shares (GOZ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.42 – an increase of 1.18% over the previous week. Growthpoint Properties Australia has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $287.3 million.
How to buy shares in Growthpoint Properties Australia
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Growthpoint Properties Australia. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GOZ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Growthpoint Properties Australia reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.42, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Growthpoint Properties Australia. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Growthpoint Properties Australia key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Growthpoint Properties Australia stock a buy or sell?
- Growthpoint Properties Australia performance over time
- Are Growthpoint Properties Australia shares over-valued?
- Growthpoint Properties Australia's financials
- How volatile are Growthpoint Properties Australia shares?
- Does Growthpoint Properties Australia pay a dividend?
- Have Growthpoint Properties Australia shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Growthpoint Properties Australia share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GOZ stocks over time.
Growthpoint Properties Australia shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.42|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.26 - AUDA$4.5|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.2919|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.1514|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.2 (5.88%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.353|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Growthpoint Properties Australia stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Growthpoint Properties Australia price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||2.09%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||0.29%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||4.91%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||35.18%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-21.56%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-11.89%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||8.13%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||11.29%|
Is Growthpoint Properties Australia under- or over-valued?
Valuing Growthpoint Properties Australia stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Growthpoint Properties Australia's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Growthpoint Properties Australia's P/E ratio
Growthpoint Properties Australia's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Growthpoint Properties Australia shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Growthpoint Properties Australia's EBITDA
Growthpoint Properties Australia's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $222 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Growthpoint Properties Australia's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Growthpoint Properties Australia financials
|Revenue TTM||$287.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||77.2%|
|Gross profit TTM||$225.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.22%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.14%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Growthpoint Properties Australia share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 61.76% of net profits
Recently Growthpoint Properties Australia has paid out, on average, around 61.76% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.88% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Growthpoint Properties Australia shareholders could enjoy a 5.88% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Growthpoint Properties Australia's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.2 per share.
Growthpoint Properties Australia's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Growthpoint Properties Australia's shares ever split?
Growthpoint Properties Australia's shares were split on 20 August 2009.
Growthpoint Properties Australia share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Growthpoint Properties Australia's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.26 up to $4.5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Growthpoint Properties Australia's is 0.8753. This would suggest that Growthpoint Properties Australia's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Growthpoint Properties Australia overview
Growthpoint provides spaces for people to thrive. For more than 10 years, we've been investing in high-quality industrial and office properties across Australia. Today, we own and manage 58 properties, valued at approximately $4.2 billion.4 We actively manage our portfolio. We invest in our existing properties, ensuring they meet our tenants' needs now and into the future. We are also focused on growing our property portfolio. We are committed to operating in a sustainable way and reducing our impact on the environment. Growthpoint is a real estate investment trust (REIT), listed on the ASX, and is part of the S&P/ASX 200. Moody's has issued us with an investment-grade rating of Baa2 for senior secured debt.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert