How to buy Cromwell Property (CMW) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Cromwell Property shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cromwell Property Group is a reit-office business based in Australia. Cromwell Property shares (CMW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Cromwell Property has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $436 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Cromwell Property
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cromwell Property. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CMW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cromwell Property reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cromwell Property. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Cromwell Property key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cromwell Property stock a buy or sell?
- Cromwell Property performance over time
- Are Cromwell Property shares over-valued?
- Cromwell Property's financials
- How volatile are Cromwell Property shares?
- Does Cromwell Property pay a dividend?
- Have Cromwell Property shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Cromwell Property stock price (ASX:CMW)Use our graph to track the performance of CMW stocks over time.
Cromwell Property shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.7559 - $0.943|
|50-day moving average||$0.8896|
|200-day moving average||$0.8588|
|Dividend yield||$0.075 (8.67%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.038|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cromwell Property stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cromwell Property price performance over time
|1 month (2021-06-30)||2.86%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||2.86%|
Is Cromwell Property under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cromwell Property stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cromwell Property's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cromwell Property's P/E ratio
Cromwell Property's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 23x. In other words, Cromwell Property shares trade at around 23x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Cromwell Property's EBITDA
Cromwell Property's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $231.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Cromwell Property's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Cromwell Property financials
|Revenue TTM||$436 million|
|Operating margin TTM||51.65%|
|Gross profit TTM||$312.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.78%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.9 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cromwell Property share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 1.75% of net profits
Recently Cromwell Property has paid out, on average, around 1.75% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 7.26% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Cromwell Property shareholders could enjoy a 7.26% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Cromwell Property's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.075 per share.
While Cromwell Property's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Cromwell Property is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Cromwell Property's shares ever split?
Cromwell Property's shares were split on 21 May 1997.
Cromwell Property share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cromwell Property's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.7559 up to $0.943. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cromwell Property's is 0.5759. This would suggest that Cromwell Property's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cromwell Property overview
Cromwell Property Group (ASX:CMW) is a diversified real estate investor and manager with operations on three continents and a global investor base. As at 30 June 2020, Cromwell had a market capitalisation of $2.4 billion, a direct property investment portfolio valued at $3.0 billion and total assets under management of $11.5 billion across Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
Stocks similar to Cromwell Property
Cromwell Property in the news
Would Shareholders Who Purchased Cromwell Property Group's (ASX:CMW) Stock Three Years Be Happy With The Share price Today?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert