Cleanaway Waste Management Limited is a waste management business based in Australia. Cleanaway Waste Management shares (CWY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.18 – a decrease of 2.68% over the previous week. Cleanaway Waste Management has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.3 billion.
How to buy shares in Cleanaway Waste Management
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cleanaway Waste Management. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CWY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cleanaway Waste Management reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.18, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cleanaway Waste Management. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Cleanaway Waste Management key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cleanaway Waste Management stock a buy or sell?
- Cleanaway Waste Management performance over time
- Are Cleanaway Waste Management shares over-valued?
- Cleanaway Waste Management's financials
- How volatile are Cleanaway Waste Management shares?
- Does Cleanaway Waste Management pay a dividend?
- Have Cleanaway Waste Management shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Cleanaway Waste Management's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cleanaway Waste Management's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $2.18, which is 5.63% down on its pre-crash value of $2.31 and 56.27% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.395.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cleanaway Waste Management shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $723.34 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,106.59.
Cleanaway Waste Management share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CWY stocks over time.
Cleanaway Waste Management shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.18|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.395 - AUDA$2.62|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.3129|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.0513|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (1.93%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.055|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cleanaway Waste Management stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cleanaway Waste Management price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-6.84%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-0.91%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||2.83%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||27.49%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||9.82%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||19.78%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||60.79%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||269.80%|
Is Cleanaway Waste Management under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cleanaway Waste Management stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cleanaway Waste Management's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cleanaway Waste Management's P/E ratio
Cleanaway Waste Management's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 40x. In other words, Cleanaway Waste Management shares trade at around 40x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Cleanaway Waste Management's EBITDA
Cleanaway Waste Management's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $395.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Cleanaway Waste Management's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Cleanaway Waste Management financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.3 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||8.34%|
|Gross profit TTM||$596.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.81%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.41%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.5 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cleanaway Waste Management share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 70.91% of net profits
Recently Cleanaway Waste Management has paid out, on average, around 70.91% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.93% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Cleanaway Waste Management shareholders could enjoy a 1.93% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Cleanaway Waste Management's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
Cleanaway Waste Management's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 10 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Cleanaway Waste Management's shares ever split?
Cleanaway Waste Management's shares were split on 19 July 2009.
Cleanaway Waste Management share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cleanaway Waste Management's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.395 up to $2.62. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cleanaway Waste Management's is 0.6458. This would suggest that Cleanaway Waste Management's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cleanaway Waste Management overview
Cleanaway Waste Management Limited provides waste management, industrial, and environmental services in Australia. It operates through three segments: Solid Waste Services, Industrial & Waste Services, and Liquid Waste & Health Services. The company offers commercial and industrial, municipal, and residential collection services for various types of solid waste streams, including general waste, recyclables, construction, and demolition waste, as well as medical and washroom services. It owns and manages waste transfer stations, resource recovery and recycling facilities, secure product destruction, quarantine treatment operations, and landfills; sale of recovered paper, cardboard, metals, and plastics; and collection, treatment, processing, and recycling of liquid and hazardous waste, including industrial waste, grease trap waste, oily waters, and used mineral and cooking oils in packaged and bulk forms. In addition, the company offers industrial solutions comprising industrial cleaning, vacuum tanker loading, site remediation, sludge management, parts washing, concrete remediation, CCTV, corrosion protection, and emergency response services. Further, it refines and recycles used mineral oils to produce fuel oils and base oils; generates and sells electricity produced utilizing landfill gas; and provides health and biohazardous waste, organic waste, e-waste recycling, industrial construction and cleaning, and equipment cleaning services, as well as spill kits. The company was formerly known as Transpacific Industries Group Ltd. and changed its name to Cleanaway Waste Management Limited in February 2016. Cleanaway Waste Management Limited was incorporated in 2002 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert