How to buy City Chic shares | A$3.08
Own City Chic shares in just a few minutes.
City Chic Collective Limited is an apparel retail business based in Australia. City Chic shares (CCX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.08 – a decrease of 8.88% over the previous week. City Chic has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $194.5 million.
How to buy shares in City Chic
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for City Chic. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CCX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until City Chic reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.08, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of City Chic. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted City Chic's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, City Chic's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $3.08, which is 13.97% down on its pre-crash value of $3.58 and 330.77% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.715.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of City Chic shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $256.41 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $987.17.
City Chic share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CCX stocks over time.
City Chic shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.08|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.715 - AUDA$3.66|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.3577|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.6479|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (1.22%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.05|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy City Chic stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
City Chic price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-6.38%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-12.75%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-0.32%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||137.84%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||44.60%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||146.40%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||862.50%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||475.70%|
Is City Chic under- or over-valued?
Valuing City Chic stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of City Chic's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
City Chic's P/E ratio
City Chic's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 66x. In other words, City Chic shares trade at around 66x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
City Chic's EBITDA
City Chic's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $22.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a City Chic's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
City Chic financials
|Revenue TTM||$194.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||9.13%|
|Gross profit TTM||$93.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||9.62%|
|Return on equity TTM||18.66%|
|Market capitalisation||$724.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
City Chic share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 31.95% of net profits
Recently City Chic has paid out, on average, around 31.95% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.22% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), City Chic shareholders could enjoy a 1.22% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In City Chic's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
While City Chic's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that City Chic may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 12 September 2019 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have City Chic's shares ever split?
City Chic's shares were split on 26 October 2006. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your City Chic shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for City Chic shares which in turn could have impacted City Chic's share price.
City Chic share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, City Chic's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.715 up to $3.66. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while City Chic's is 0.7078. This would suggest that City Chic's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
City Chic overview
City Chic Collective Limited is an ASX-listed multi-channel retailer with a customer-led offer that appeals to fashion-forward women.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert