How to buy Chalice Gold Mines shares
Own Chalice Gold Mines shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Chalice Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Chalice Gold Mines shares (CHN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Chalice Gold Mines has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $453,269.
How to buy shares in Chalice Gold Mines
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Chalice Gold Mines. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CHN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Chalice Gold Mines reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.94, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Chalice Gold Mines. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Chalice Gold Mines's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Chalice Gold Mines's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $2.94, which is 90.48% up on its pre-crash value of $0.28 and 1,927.59% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.145.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Chalice Gold Mines shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,333.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $10,315.78.
Chalice Gold Mines share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CHN stocks over time.
Chalice Gold Mines shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.145 - $4.69|
|50-day moving average||$4.0339|
|200-day moving average||$2.508|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.043|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Chalice Gold Mines stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Chalice Gold Mines price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-11)||-31.31%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-22.02%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-2.97%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||178.67%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||931.58%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||2,252.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||1,407.69%|
|5 years (2016-01-18)||2,840.00%|
Chalice Gold Mines financials
|Gross profit TTM||$453,269|
|Return on assets TTM||-18.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||-30.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Chalice Gold Mines share dividends
We're not expecting Chalice Gold Mines to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Chalice Gold Mines share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Chalice Gold Mines's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.145 up to $4.69. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Chalice Gold Mines's is -0.8197. This would suggest that Chalice Gold Mines's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Chalice Gold Mines has bucked the trend.
Chalice Gold Mines overview
Chalice Mining Limited operates as a mineral exploration company. The company explores for gold, copper, cobalt, palladium, and nickel deposits. Its flagship properties include the Julimar Nickel-Copper- platinum group element project that covers an area of approximately 2,000 square kilometers situated in Avon Region, Western Australia; and the Pyramid Hill gold project, which covers an area of approximately 5,000 square kilometers located in Bendigo Region, Victoria. The company was formerly known as Chalice Gold Mines Limited and changed its name to Chalice Mining Limited in December 2020. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Chalice Gold Mines units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert