How to buy Blue Energy (BLU) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Blue Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Blue Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Blue Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BLU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Blue Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Blue Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Blue Energy stock price (ASX:BLU)Use our graph to track the performance of BLU stocks over time.
Blue Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.048 - $0.11|
|50-day moving average||$0.0585|
|200-day moving average||$0.0684|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Blue Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Blue Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-20)||12.28%|
|1 month (2021-09-27)||18.52%|
|3 months (2021-07-27)||1.59%|
|6 months (2021-04-27)||-23.81%|
|1 year (2020-10-27)||12.28%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||30.61%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||6.67%|
|5 years (2016-10-27)||106.45%|
Is Blue Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Blue Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Blue Energy's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Blue Energy's EBITDA
Blue Energy's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Blue Energy's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Blue Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$42,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.02%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.6%|
|Market capitalisation||$90.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Blue Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Blue Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Blue Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Blue Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.048 up to $0.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Blue Energy's is 1.7062. This would suggest that Blue Energy's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Blue Energy overview
Blue Energy Limited, an oil and gas exploration company, engages in the exploration, evaluation, and development of conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources primarily in Queensland and the Northern Territory in Australia. It holds 2P reserves of 71 PJ; 3P reserves of 298 PJ and 3,248 PJ; and 3P + 2C reserves. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Blue Energy
Blue Energy in the news
Blue Energy : 2021 Financial Statements
Blue Energy : Application for Quotation of Securities
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
How to buy GQG Partners shares
Steps to owning and managing GQG Partners shares.
Why has the BHP share price slipped today?
Shares in mining giant BHP have slipped 17% in the last 6 months.
Ask an Expert