How to buy Argo Investments shares | A$7.52
Own Argo Investments shares in just a few minutes.
Argo Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Argo Investments shares (ARG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $7.52 – an increase of 0.94% over the previous week. Argo Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $216.9 million.
How to buy shares in Argo Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Argo Investments. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ARG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Argo Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $7.52, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Argo Investments. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Argo Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Argo Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Argo Investments performance over time
- Are Argo Investments shares over-valued?
- Argo Investments's financials
- How volatile are Argo Investments shares?
- Does Argo Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Argo Investments share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ARG stocks over time.
Argo Investments shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$7.52|
|52-week range||AUDA$5.44 - AUDA$9.11|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$7.6311|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$7.2394|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.28 (3.74%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.278|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Argo Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Argo Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||0.94%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-1.70%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||5.62%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||19.37%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-7.62%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-5.29%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-3.34%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-1.31%|
Is Argo Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Argo Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Argo Investments's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Argo Investments's P/E ratio
Argo Investments's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 27x. In other words, Argo Investments shares trade at around 27x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Argo Investments's EBITDA
Argo Investments's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $207.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Argo Investments's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Argo Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$216.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||95.78%|
|Gross profit TTM||$216.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.29%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.99%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Argo Investments share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 118.71% of net profits
Recently Argo Investments has paid out, on average, around 118.71% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.74% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Argo Investments shareholders could enjoy a 3.74% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Argo Investments's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.28 per share.
Argo Investments's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 27 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Argo Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Argo Investments's shares have ranged in value from as little as $5.44 up to $9.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Argo Investments's is 0.6163. This would suggest that Argo Investments's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Argo Investments overview
Argo Investments Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm manages separate client focused equity portfolios for its clients. It invests in public equity markets of Australia. The firm employs a qualitative analysis with bottom-up stock picking approach to create its portfolio. It conducts in-house analysis to make its investments. Argo Investments Limited was founded in 1946 and is based in Adelaide, Australia with an additional office in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert