ARB Corporation Limited is an auto parts business based in Australia. ARB Corporation shares (ARB) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $27.12 – an increase of 3.47% over the previous week. ARB Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $466.9 million.
How to buy shares in ARB Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for ARB Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ARB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until ARB Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $27.12, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of ARB Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- ARB Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is ARB Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- ARB Corporation performance over time
- Are ARB Corporation shares over-valued?
- ARB Corporation's financials
- How volatile are ARB Corporation shares?
- Does ARB Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have ARB Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
ARB Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ARB stocks over time.
ARB Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$27.12|
|52-week range||AUDA$10.4 - AUDA$28.22|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$25.2428|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$18.5477|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.4 (1.45%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.718|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy ARB Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
ARB Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||1.80%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||7.62%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||53.05%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||104.68%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||41.03%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||41.54%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||56.40%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||98.54%|
Is ARB Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing ARB Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of ARB Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
ARB Corporation's P/E ratio
ARB Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, ARB Corporation shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
ARB Corporation's EBITDA
ARB Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $92.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a ARB Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
ARB Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$466.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||17.08%|
|Gross profit TTM||$245.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||11.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.94%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ARB Corporation share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 29.25% of net profits
Recently ARB Corporation has paid out, on average, around 29.25% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.45% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), ARB Corporation shareholders could enjoy a 1.45% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In ARB Corporation's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.4 per share.
While ARB Corporation's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that ARB Corporation may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 7 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have ARB Corporation's shares ever split?
ARB Corporation's shares were split on a 5:1 basis on 17 October 2002. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your ARB Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 80% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for ARB Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted ARB Corporation's share price.
ARB Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ARB Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $10.4 up to $28.22. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while ARB Corporation's is 0.8181. This would suggest that ARB Corporation's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
ARB Corporation overview
ARB Corporation Limited designs, manufactures, distributes, and sells motor vehicle accessories and light metal engineering works in Australia, the United States, New Zealand, Thailand, the Middle East, and Europe. The company provides bull bars, side rails and side steps, canopies, UTE lids and tub accessories, roof racks and bars, suspension systems, driving lights, air compressors and tire accessories, air lockers, winches, recovery equipment, recovery points, under vehicle protection products, fuel tanks and storage, drawers and cargo solutions, portable fridge freezers, tents, swags and awnings, camping and touring accessories, safari snorkels, dual battery and solar systems, and general accessories, as well as rear protection, towing, and wheel carriers. It also offers LINX, a controller that declutters the dashboard and centralizes the command of vehicle accessories by replacing classic switches, gauges and monitors with one sleek and smart driver interface; and UHF radios, map navigators, and GPS and reversing cameras. The company serves stockists, vehicle dealers, and various fleet operators. It operates approximately 67 ARB stores, which include 27 company owned stores in Australia. ARB Corporation Limited was founded in 1975 and is based in Kilsyth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert