Eagers Automotive Limited is an auto & truck dealerships business based in Australia. AP Eagers shares (APE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $9.38 – an increase of 3.3% over the previous week. AP Eagers has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $8 billion.
How to buy shares in AP Eagers
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for AP Eagers. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: APE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AP Eagers reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $9.38, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AP Eagers. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
AP Eagers share priceUse our graph to track the performance of APE stocks over time.
AP Eagers shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$9.38|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.5 - AUDA$14.365|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$8.8744|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$6.4687|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.25 (2.6%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.473|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy AP Eagers stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
AP Eagers price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||2.96%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||4.22%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||41.48%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||219.05%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-32.71%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||18.73%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||23.58%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||-7.13%|
Is AP Eagers under- or over-valued?
Valuing AP Eagers stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of AP Eagers's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
AP Eagers's P/E ratio
AP Eagers's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 19x. In other words, AP Eagers shares trade at around 19x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
AP Eagers's EBITDA
AP Eagers's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $311.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a AP Eagers's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
AP Eagers financials
|Revenue TTM||$8 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||3.2%|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.1 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||5.01%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.94%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
AP Eagers share dividends
We're not expecting AP Eagers to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have AP Eagers's shares ever split?
AP Eagers's shares were split on a 5:1 basis on 17 May 2012. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your AP Eagers shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 80% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for AP Eagers shares which in turn could have impacted AP Eagers's share price.
AP Eagers share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, AP Eagers's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.5 up to $14.365. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while AP Eagers's is 1.6867. This would suggest that AP Eagers's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
AP Eagers overview
Eagers Automotive Limited engages in the automotive retail business in Australia and New Zealand. The company operates in four segments: Car Retailing, Truck Retailing, Property, and Investments. The Car retailing segment offers new and used vehicles, vehicle maintenance and repair services, vehicle parts, extended service contracts, vehicle brokerage services, and vehicle protection and other aftermarket products, as well as facilitates vehicle purchase financing. This segment is also involved in motor auction business. The Truck Retailing segment provides new and used trucks, truck maintenance and repair services, truck parts, extended service contracts, and truck protection and other aftermarket products, as well as facilitates truck purchase financing. The Property segment acquires and rents commercial properties. The Investment segment holds various investments. Eagers Automotive Limited has operations primarily in Queensland, Adelaide, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, the Newcastle/Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, and Tasmania. The company was formerly known as A.P. Eagers Limited and chabged its name to Eagers Automotive Limited in July 2020. Eagers Automotive Limited was founded in 1913 and is based in Newstead, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert