How to buy A2 Milk shares
Own A2 Milk shares in just a few minutes.
The a2 Milk Company Limited is a dairy products business based in Australia. A2 Milk shares (A2M) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $12.7 billion.
How to buy shares in A2 Milk
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for A2 Milk. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: A2M. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until A2 Milk reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of A2 Milk. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
A2 Milk share priceUse our graph to track the performance of A2M stocks over time.
A2 Milk shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$11.28 - AUDA$20|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$17.5967|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$17.8902|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.18|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy A2 Milk stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is A2 Milk under- or over-valued?
Valuing A2 Milk stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of A2 Milk's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
A2 Milk's P/E ratio
A2 Milk's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 35x. In other words, A2 Milk shares trade at around 35x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
A2 Milk's PEG ratio
A2 Milk's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 1.8532. A low ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer better value, while a higher ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into A2 Milk's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the share prices of multiple high-growth companies.
A2 Milk financials
|Gross profit TTM||$969 million|
|Return on assets TTM||27.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||40.39%|
|Market capitalisation||$12.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
A2 Milk share dividends
We're not expecting A2 Milk to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
A2 Milk share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, A2 Milk's shares have ranged in value from as little as $11.28 up to $20. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while A2 Milk's is -0.1946. This would suggest that A2 Milk's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, A2 Milk has bucked the trend.
A2 Milk overview
The a2 Milk Company Limited, together with its subsidiaries, sells A2 protein type branded milk and related products in Australia, New Zealand, China, other Asian countries, and the United States. The company offers fresh milk under the a2 Milk brand; and infant formula under the a2 Platinum brand. The company was formerly known as A2 Corporation Limited and changed its name to The a2 Milk Company Limited in April 2014. The a2 Milk Company Limited was founded in 2000 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert