How to buy 88 Energy (88E) shares
Learn how to easily invest in 88 Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in 88 Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 88 Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 88E. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 88 Energy reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 88 Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
88 Energy stock price (ASX:88E)Use our graph to track the performance of 88E stocks over time.
88 Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.007 - $0.056|
|50-day moving average||$0.0117|
|200-day moving average||$0.0268|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy 88 Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
88 Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||0.008|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-27.27%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-50.00%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-68.00%|
|1 year (2021-07-02)||-81.40%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||60.00%|
|3 years (2019-07-03)||-52.94%|
|5 years (2017-07-03)||-84.53%|
88 Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$4.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$4.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.42%|
|Market capitalisation||$111.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
88 Energy share dividends
We're not expecting 88 Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have 88 Energy's shares ever split?
88 Energy's shares were split on 18 February 2010.
88 Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, 88 Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.007 up to $0.056. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while 88 Energy's is 0.6947. This would suggest that 88 Energy's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
88 Energy overview
88 Energy Limited explores for oil and gas properties in the United States. It primarily holds a 75% working interest in the Icewine project, which covers an area of approximately 193,000 acres located in North Slope of Alaska, the United States; 100% working interest in the Yukon project covering an area of approximately 38,681 acres situated in the Central North Slope of Alaska; 50% working interest in Peregrine project covering an area of approximately 195,373 acres located in the NPR-A region of the North Slope of Alaska; and 100% working interest in the Umiat Oil Field project covering an area of approximately 17,633 acres situated in the immediate south of Peregrine project North Slope of Alaska. The company was formerly known as Tangiers Petroleum Limited and changed its name to 88 Energy Limited in February 2015. 88 Energy Limited was incorporated in 1996 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to 88 Energy
88 Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder App Customer Research Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern your participation in the Finder App Customer Research.
Finder “Peace Koalas” NFT Project Terms and Conditions
The Finder "Peace Koalas" NFT Project is a collection of digital artworks (NFTs) running on the Ethereum network.
Luno review 2022
Finder’s Luno review covers everything you need to know before signing up. Find info on fees, registration, cryptocurrencies on offer and more.
Finder’s response to the Ukraine crisis
A note from Frank, Fred and J.
Australian Unity Secured Personal Loan
A secured personal loan with variable interest and unlimited extra repayments.
Ask an Expert