How to buy 88 Energy shares | A$0.007
Own 88 Energy shares in just a few minutes.
88 Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. 88 Energy shares (88E) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.007 – the same closing value as a week prior. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $62.5 million.
How to buy shares in 88 Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 88 Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 88E. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 88 Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.007, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 88 Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
88 Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of 88E stocks over time.
88 Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.007|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.004 - AUDA$0.026|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0058|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0073|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy 88 Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
88 Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||27.27%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||40.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||-61.11%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||-41.67%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-66.51%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-64.82%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||-45.74%|
Is 88 Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing 88 Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of 88 Energy's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
88 Energy's EBITDA
88 Energy's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $21.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a 88 Energy's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
88 Energy financials
|Operating margin TTM||426.08%|
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.28%|
|Return on equity TTM||-16.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$62.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
88 Energy share dividends
We're not expecting 88 Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have 88 Energy's shares ever split?
88 Energy's shares were split on 18 February 2010.
88 Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, 88 Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.026. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while 88 Energy's is -0.891. This would suggest that 88 Energy's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, 88 Energy has bucked the trend.
88 Energy overview
88 Energy Limited engages in the exploration of oil and gas properties in the United States. The company holds a 64% working interest in the Icewine project, which covers an area of approximately 486,000 acres located in North Slope of Alaska, the United States. It also holds a 100% working interest in the Yukon Gold leases covering an area of approximately 15,235 acres located on the eastern border of the Central North Slope of Alaska. In addition, it holds rights to 36% working interest in Western Blocks project, which covers an area of approximately 22,711 acres located in Alaska. The company was formerly known as Tangiers Petroleum Limited and changed its name to 88 Energy Limited in February 2015. 88 Energy Limited was incorporated in 1996 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert