If you’re looking for a fast and convenient way to send money overseas, Bank of Sydney offers a handy international money transfer service.
With support for transfers in five major currencies, Bank of Sydney allows you to send money all over the world.
Funds can be transferred electronically from most Bank of Sydney transaction accounts and Foreign Currency transaction accounts. Competitive exchange rates apply to transfers and the service is available to all internet banking customers.
Send money overseas using a Bank of Sydney bank account
Operating in Australia since 2001, Bank of Sydney is focussed on delivering a personalised banking service to every customer. In addition to overseas transfers, it offers a wide range of financial products that includes everything from credit cards and home loans to insurance.
Bank of Sydney exchange rates
Bank of Sydney offers competitive exchange rates on all international money transfers. Rates are updated regularly in line with fluctuations in the market, so login to your Bank of Sydney internet banking account for more details.
Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with Bank of Sydney?
The fee that applies to your Bank of Sydney international money transfer depends on the transfer method you select.
- Online transfers attract a $20 flat fee
- Telegraphic transfers lodged at a Bank of Sydney branch attract a $25 fee
- Transfers to accounts with the Bank of Beirut do not attract any fees
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Bank of Sydney does not specify any minimum transfer limit for overseas transactions. In terms of the maximum amount you can send, each Bank of Sydney customer has a global daily transaction limit and international transfers are included in this amount. Contact the bank for details of the limit that applies to your account.
Bank of Sydney’s international transfer service can be used to send funds to destinations all around the world in the following major currencies:
- Australian Dollar
- US Dollar
- Great British Pound
- New Zealand Dollar
What types of transfers can you carry out with Bank of Sydney?
Bank of Sydney allows you to send one-off transfers to destinations all around the globe. The funds can be sent from regular Bank of Sydney transaction accounts and from Bank of Sydney Foreign Currency transaction accounts.
If you ever need help with a transaction, Bank of Sydney customer support staff are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday via phone and email. The bank also has branches in NSW, Victoria and South Australia.
The registration and transfer process
You don’t need to register to use Bank of Sydney’s overseas transfer service - simply select the ‘Transfer Money’ or ‘Overseas Transfers’ option from the internet banking menu.
You will need to provide the following information in order to send an international transfer:
- The amount you wish to send
- The currency for your transfer
- The beneficiary’s bank details: Bank BIC/ SWIFT code, Bank name, Branch, City/ State
- The beneficiary’s account number/ IBAN
- The beneficiary’s name and address
Once all the relevant information has been provided, you can review the details of the transfer and complete the transaction. Online transfers that require a foreign currency exchange will need to be submitted before the 3:30pm cut-off time in order to be processed on the same business day.Back to top
The good and bad of using Bank of Sydney for your international payments
- Convenient. If you already have an internet banking account with Bank of Sydney, sending an overseas money transfer is easy.
- Free transfers to Bank of Beirut. If you send a transfer to a Bank of Beirut account, you will not have to pay any transfer fees.
- Competitive exchange rates. See how Bank of Sydney’s exchange rates compare with those offered by other banks and transfer providers.
- Not many currencies supported. Bank of Sydney only allows transfers in five currencies.
- Fees apply. A $20 fee applies to international transfers sent online via Bank of Sydney.
What other products and services does Bank of Sydney offer?
- Bank accounts. From everyday transaction accounts to savings accounts, Bank of Sydney offers a wide range of options to help you manage your finances.
- Home loans. If you’re looking for money to buy or build a home, Bank of Sydney can help.
- Car loans. Get your new set of wheels quicker with a Bank of Sydney car loan.
- Credit cards. From low-rate credit cards to high-end rewards cards, Bank of Sydney offers a wide selection of credit card options.
- Insurance. Bank of Sydney offers home and contents, car, landlord and travel insurance.
Frequently asked questions
Bank of Sydney’s international transfer service offers a convenient alternative when you need to send money overseas. Make sure to compare it with other money transfer services to find the best deal for your international transactions.