With zipMoney you can buy now and pay later on your own terms.
zipMoney is a simple and convenient way to help you pay for things without needing the cash upfront or a credit card. When you sign up and are approved with zipMoney, you’ll receive an initial line of credit of up to $3,000 that’s immediately made available to you.
You’re then able to use zipMoney during the checkout process of any participating zip merchant. In addition, you have a default three-month window where you’re able to make repayments completely interest free.
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 19.9% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$30,000|
- Convenient line of credit for purchases
- No interest for 3 months
- High interest rate
- Only available at certain merchants
How does zipMoney work?
You can sign up for a zipMoney account online or in-store. The application takes about three minutes and requires your residential, employment and financial information as well as your email address and phone number
When you apply you will need to select from one of three credit limit tiers:
|Credit limit||Minimum repayment||Establishment fee|
|$5,000 - $30,000||$500 or 3% (whichever is greater)||$99|
If you are approved for an account you will be sent a contract which will indicate the interest-free period you will receive. All zipMoney accounts come with a minimum three months interest-free but some come with longer periods. If you don't have an order attached to your application then this period will not be stated – it is only when you make a purchase that the period when you apply.
Once you agree to the contract and provide your payment information, you can now use and manage your account. Each purchase you make with your new account must be authorised by both you and zipMoney. After your purchase is authorised, zipMoney will pay the merchant on your behalf.
How do I repay with zipMoney?
Once you've used your zipMoney credit to make a purchase, you need to set up your repayments to be monthly, fortnightly or weekly. zipMoney will then automatically direct debit those repayments according to your chosen frequency and based on the minimum repayment. You can also make additional repayments whenever you like.
Keep in mind you can only use a debit card or bank account to repay with zipMoney.
Once your credit is repaid you can keep your account open. You won't be charged anything if your balance is $0.
Features of shopping with zipMoney
- Real-time approval. Signing up is quick and easy, enabling you to complete the entire process, including getting a real-time approval decision, in just a few minutes and even while checking out at a store.
- Interest-free period.zipMoney offers an interest-free period on all zipMoney transactions, after which your outstanding balance will be subject to the standard APR (currently 19.9% p.a.).
- Flexible repayment plans. zipMoney offers flexible repayments as long as you’re meeting the minimum monthly payment required outlined above.
- Automatic deductions. Direct debit is an extra feature of zipMoney, allowing automatic deductions to be made directly from your bank account.
- Borrow only what you need. Unlike lump-sum loans disbursed upfront, with zipMoney you only borrow what you need, never worrying about taking out too much or too little.
- Simple yet powerful account management features. Change your repayment amount or payment dates in your convenient online account.
How much will this cost me?
- Interest rate. After the interest-free period expires, you’ll be charged the standard annual percentage rate (APR) on your outstanding balance. This is a variable rate that currently stands at 19.9% p.a.
- Minimum monthly repayment. The minimum monthly repayment for your credit limit differs by tier and is outlined above.
- Monthly account management fee. There is a monthly fee of $6 charged any month that you have an outstanding balance.
- Establishment fee. While signing up and activating your account, you may or may not be charged a one-off establishment fee. If charged, the amount will be debited to your account and paid back over time.
- Late fees. If you don’t make your repayments on time or if you dishonour your repayments altogether, zipMoney reserves the right to levy additional fees and charges to your account. The amount may vary so refer to your contract for details.
How do I sign up with zipMoney?
Signing up with zipMoney is quick and easy. Visit the zipMoney sign-up page and complete the application process to get a real-time decision. The entire process usually takes no more than five minutes.
To qualify, you need to:
- Be an Australian resident over 18 years of age
- Be able to enter into a legally binding contract
- Have a valid bank account
While signing up, you need some personal identifying information as well as your bank account details to link it to your zipMoney account. Once signed up, you’ll instantly receive a decision and, once approved, you’ll activate your new zipMoney account by simply accepting the terms & conditions and entering the SMS code that would be sent to the mobile phone number you registered with.
Have more questions about zipMoney?
Is zipMoney safe?
ZipMoney uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption to protect all your information and financial transactions. 128-bit SSL encryption is the same technology used by banks all over the world.
How do I manage my account?
Once you’ve created your zipMoney account, you’re able to login and manage many aspects of your account including increasing or decreasing deducted repayment amounts, adding or modifying payment methods, tracking transaction activity, scheduling new repayment periods, accessing previous statements, viewing updated zip merchant lists, and more.
Am I eligible if I have bad credit?
zipMoney uses a range of data to determine whether or not you can afford a payment plan. Bad credit doesn’t automatically disqualify you, but you will only be approved if you are in a good financial position. Note your credit history will be checked.