Spaceship Super | Performance, features and fees
Spaceship Super offers two investment portfolios that both have a strong focus on technology companies.
Spaceship Super is a technology-focused superannuation fund designed to help young Australians save for a secure financial future. When you hold a super account with Spaceship, your balance is invested in a diversified portfolio of Australian and international shares with an emphasis on the technology sector. This investment strategy is backed by simple administration and a transparent fee structure.
Spaceship was established in December 2016 and is issued by Tidswell Financial Services, an approved trustee regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). It now has more than $250 million in funds under management.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Calculated fees p.a. on $50,000 balance
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Spaceship GrowthX|
|Past performance - 5 Years||N/A|
|Annual admin fee||$78 + 0.8% of balance p.a.|
|Insurance included||No automatic cover|
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to June 2020, according to Spaceship Super. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
What are the key features of Spaceship Super?
Spaceship offers the following features and benefits to its members:
- A focus on technology. Spaceship’s tagline is “invest where the world is going, not where it’s been”. This reflects the fund’s preference for investing in technology stocks rather than in other asset classes.
- Long-term investment strategy. Spaceship’s investment options, GrowthX and Global Index, are both high risk and are designed to suit the needs of customers with a long-term investment timeframe of ten years or more.
- Online application and rollover. You can sign up for a Spaceship account online and easily roll over your existing super balance into your new account.
- Designed for 20 to 40-year-olds. Spaceship is targeted at Australians in the 20–40 years demographic, and all investment decisions are designed to suit the financial objectives of people in this age range.
- App-based fund. Spaceship offers a modern app where you can keep up to date with your super, make contributions and track performance.
What investment options does Spaceship Super offer?
Spaceship offers two investment options to help you build towards your financial goals for retirement. Check out the tables below for a full run-down of the features of Spaceship’s GrowthX and Global Index investment options.
What are the fees?
Before choosing any super fund, it’s important to be aware of the fees and charges that will apply to your account. The following fees apply to Spaceship's super products:
- Admin fee: $78 plus 0.795% of your balance
- Investment fee (including indirect cost ratio): 0.2% (deducted from the assets before unit prices are calculated)
- Calculated annual fee on $50,000 in the GrowthX fund: $573
What insurance is offered with Spaceship Super?
Spaceship does not offer any insurance to members. Make sure you’re aware of the risks associated with investing your super in a fund that does not provide insurance before deciding whether Spaceship is right for you. In addition, remember to consider the insurance benefits you will lose if you roll over super from another fund into your Spaceship account.
How do I join Spaceship Super?
If you’ve compared a range of options and you’d like to apply for a superannuation account with Spaceship, click the green ‘Go to Site’ button on this page. You’ll be taken to the Spaceship website where you can access the PDS and also complete an online application.
You’ll need to provide:
- Personal details. You must supply your name, address, date of birth and contact information.
- Tax File Number (TFN). While supplying your TFN is not compulsory, doing so ensures that your contributions and benefits will be taxed at the lowest possible rate.
- Previous super fund details. If transferring to Spaceship from another super fund, you’ll need to provide details of your current fund.
Along with your completed application form, you’ll also need to submit an authority to facilitate a payment into your new Spaceship account.
You’ll be sent a Welcome Pack confirming Spaceship’s receipt of your application, as well as your entitlements as a member of Spaceship. You can then start making contributions and building a bigger super balance to fund your retirement.DISCLAIMER: This article may contain general advice. You should consider your own personal circumstances before deciding if a superannuation product is right for you. Superannuation is a long term investment and past performance is not indicative of future performance.