Alternatives to Wise (TransferWise)
The best companies similar to Wise for sending money overseas.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Looking for other money transfer services better suited to your needs? If Wise doesn't support your currency or you just want to know what else is out there, check out some other options below.
We've listed out some of the more popular alternatives and highlighted what features they have that Wise doesn't.
Also known as OzForex, OFX launched in Australia in 1998 and aims to beat the exchange rates offered by banks.
Why pick OFX instead?
- No fees on transactions over $10,000
- Offers more currencies
- No maximum limit for how much you can send
- Doesn't use the mid-market rate
- Only accepts bank transfers as payment
WorldRemit has one of the largest ranges of countries you can send to, as well as a variety of payment options.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Able to transfer to cash pick-up locations or mobile wallets
- Instant transfers available
- Supports many exotic currencies
- Only sends mobile credit top-ups to some countries
- Low maximum transfer limit makes it bad for large transfers
WorldFirst has a higher minimum transfer amount than Wise at $2,000, but balances it with no maximum limit.
- Can't send amounts lower than $2,000
- Only supports bank transfers
- Receiver has to have a bank account
TorFX lets you make personal or business transfers to over 40 currencies around the world.
Why pick TorFX instead?
- Assigned a personal account manager to help you out
- No fees
- Price-match guarantee
- Forex tools to help you get the exchange rate you want
- Only a limited number of currencies, so check before signing up
- Can only pay by bank transfer and send to bank accounts
- Adds a margin to the exchange rate
InstaReM is one of the only other transfer companies to use the mid-market exchange rate, just like Wise. However, the rate is only offered for some currencies and during certain hours. The company doesn't make it clear which currencies and hours this applies to. You can send to around 20 currencies worldwide.
Why pick InstaReM instead?
- Transparent fees
- Uses the mid-market rate for some currencies and during certain hours.
- Same-day transfers for most currencies
- Your receiver must have a bank account
- Can only pay by bank transfer
- Not as many currencies as other companies
One of the most well-known transfer brands, MoneyGram sends money to more than 200 countries. Both MoneyGram and Wise let you send small transfers, with a minimum transfer amount of $1.
Why pick MoneyGram instead?
- 350,000 cash pick-up locations worldwide
- One of the largest ranges of currencies
- Almost-instant transfers
- Can pay by cash and in-person
- High transfer fees
- Can't send more than $13,750
- Adds a bigger margin to the exchange rate than other, smaller transfer companies
Does your company belong in this list?
Does your company belong in this list?
Still looking for other options?
If the above companies aren't quite right for you, there are even more options in the table below. Enter how much you want to send in the calculator and you'll be shown how much your receiver will get. Alternatively, learn more about Wise in our review.
More guides on Finder
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let's see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Review: FTX cryptocurrency exchange
Trade cryptocurrency, derivatives and speculate on stocks with this fully-featured exchange created "by traders, for traders".
Xbox Series S: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X. Here's a list of stores where you can buy the console for the best price.
Best pop-up tents in Australia
If you’re searching for a pop-up tent, we can help you find the perfect option for your needs.
Perth hotels with spas in the room
Find out where you can enjoy your own spa bath with these Perth hotels.
Find the best AUD to USD exchange rate
Get today’s best Australian to US dollar exchange rates before you send money overseas.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
Australis discount codes and coupons April 2021
Check out the latest Australis discount codes and see how much you could save on some new makeup today.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
Square vs Stripe
Discover how Square and Stripe can help you process your business payments.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Special offer: $40 off when you transfer more than $250+ with code AUFIND40, conditions apply.
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
$0 transfer fees for Finder customers.
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
Ask an Expert