Alternatives to TransferWise
The best companies similar to TransferWise for sending money overseas.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Looking for other money transfer services better suited to your needs? If TransferWise doesn't support your currency or you just want to know what else is out there, check out some other options below.
We've listed out some of the more popular alternatives and highlighted what features they have that TransferWise doesn't.
Also known as OzForex, OFX launched in Australia in 1998 and aims to beat the exchange rates offered by banks.
Why pick OFX instead?
- No fees on transactions over $10,000
- Offers more currencies
- No maximum limit for how much you can send
- Doesn't use the mid-market rate
- Only accepts bank transfers as payment
WorldRemit has one of the largest ranges of countries you can send to, as well as a variety of payment options.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Able to transfer to cash pick-up locations or mobile wallets
- Instant transfers available
- Supports many exotic currencies
- Only sends mobile credit top-ups to some countries
- Low maximum transfer limit makes it bad for large transfers
WorldFirst has a higher minimum transfer amount than TransferWise at $2,000, but balances it with no maximum limit.
- Can't send amounts lower than $2,000
- Only supports bank transfers
- Receiver has to have a bank account
TorFX lets you make personal or business transfers to over 40 currencies around the world.
Why pick TorFX instead?
- Assigned a personal account manager to help you out
- No fees
- Price-match guarantee
- Forex tools to help you get the exchange rate you want
- Only a limited number of currencies, so check before signing up
- Can only pay by bank transfer and send to bank accounts
- Adds a margin to the exchange rate
InstaReM is one of the only other transfer companies to use the mid-market exchange rate, just like TransferWise. However, the rate is only offered for some currencies and during certain hours. The company doesn't make it clear which currencies and hours this applies to. You can send to around 20 currencies worldwide.
Why pick InstaReM instead?
- Transparent fees
- Uses the mid-market rate for some currencies and during certain hours.
- Same-day transfers for most currencies
- Your receiver must have a bank account
- Can only pay by bank transfer
- Not as many currencies as other companies
One of the most well-known transfer brands, MoneyGram sends money to more than 200 countries. Both MoneyGram and TransferWise let you send small transfers, with a minimum transfer amount of $1.
Why pick MoneyGram instead?
- 350,000 cash pick-up locations worldwide
- One of the largest ranges of currencies
- Almost-instant transfers
- Can pay by cash and in-person
- High transfer fees
- Can't send more than $13,750
- Adds a bigger margin to the exchange rate than other, smaller transfer companies
Does your company belong in this list?
Does your company belong in this list?
Still looking for other options?
If the above companies aren't quite right for you, there are even more options in the table below. Enter how much you want to send in the calculator and you'll be shown how much your receiver will get. Alternatively, learn more about TransferWise in our review.
More guides on Finder
0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers
Pay no interest on your credit card debt and clear it faster with a 0% balance transfer credit card. Compare and apply here.
How to start an arborist business
Are you ready to take the plunge and open your own arborist business? Find out how to do it here.
Dental assistant courses online
Check out these online courses to kick start your career as a dental assistant.
Electric bikes for off-road use
If you’re looking for an off-road e-bike, we’ll show you how to compare your options and find the right bike for your needs.
Free intellectual property agreement template (Australia)
Intellectual property agreements protect your business when buying, selling or transferring IP. Here’s what you need to know about these agreements and where to find templates.
Edureka | Upskill in all things technology
Find out how Edureka's specialised courses can help you get your dream job in technology and computing.
Politix discount codes and coupons January 2021 | 20% off full-priced items
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the latest Politix trends today.
Gift Card Store discount codes and coupons January 2021
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the gift of choice at Gift Card Store.
Revolut launches in Australia: How does it compare to rival neobanks and fintechs?
As Revolut announces it's open for business in Australia, we look at how it compares to the likes of Up bank, TransferWise and 86 400.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralised finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor’s exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
WorldFirst sends 60+ currencies at competitive rates with no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert