The best companies similar to TransferWise for sending money overseas.
Looking for other money transfer services better suited to your needs? If TransferWise doesn't support your currency or you just want to know what else is out there, check out some other options below.
We've listed out some of the more popular alternatives and highlighted what features they have that TransferWise doesn't.
Also known as OzForex, OFX launched in Australia in 1998 and aims to beat the exchange rates offered by banks.
Why pick OFX instead?
- No fees on transactions over $10,000
- Offers more currencies
- No maximum limit for how much you can send
- Doesn't use the mid-market rate
- Only accepts bank transfers as payment
WorldRemit has one of the largest ranges of countries you can send to, as well as a variety of payment options.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Able to transfer to cash pick-up locations or mobile wallets
- Instant transfers available
- Supports many exotic currencies
- Only sends mobile credit top-ups to some countries
- Low maximum transfer limit makes it bad for large transfers
WorldFirst has a higher minimum transfer amount than TransferWise at $2,000, but balances it with no maximum limit.
- Can't send amounts lower than $2,000
- Only supports bank transfers
- Receiver has to have a bank account
TorFX lets you make personal or business transfers to over 40 currencies around the world.
Why pick TorFX instead?
- Assigned a personal account manager to help you out
- No fees
- Price-match guarantee
- Forex tools to help you get the exchange rate you want
- Only a limited number of currencies, so check before signing up
- Can only pay by bank transfer and send to bank accounts
- Adds a margin to the exchange rate
InstaReM is one of the only other transfer companies to use the mid-market exchange rate, just like TransferWise. You can send to around 20 currencies worldwide and be guaranteed a fair exchange rate with no margin added on.
Why pick InstaReM instead?
- Transparent fees
- Uses the mid-market rate, like TransferWise
- Same-day transfers for most currencies
- Your receiver must have a bank account
- Can only pay by bank transfer
- Not as many currencies as other companies
One of the most well-known transfer brands, MoneyGram sends money to more than 200 countries. Both MoneyGram and TransferWise let you send small transfers, with a minimum transfer amount of $1.
Why pick MoneyGram instead?
- 350,000 cash pick-up locations worldwide
- One of the largest ranges of currencies
- Almost-instant transfers
- Can pay by cash and in-person
- High transfer fees
- Can't send more than $7,000
- Adds a bigger margin to the exchange rate than other, smaller transfer companies
Still looking for other options?
If the above companies aren't quite right for you, there are even more options in the table below. Enter how much you want to send in the calculator and you'll be shown how much your receiver will get.
The "Rate" and "Amount Received" displayed are indicative rates that have been supplied by each brand or gathered by Finder.
Exchange rates are volatile and change often. As a result, the exchange rate listed on Finder may vary to the actual exchange rate quoted for the brand. Please confirm the actual exchange rate and mention "Finder" before you commit to a brand.