Receive tailored protection with up to $1 million in life cover with Real Family Life Cover
Real Family Life Cover keeps life insurance simple, giving applicants choice, flexibility and cover up to $1 million. It is designed to give you and your family the peace of mind of knowing no matter what happens in the future there will be sufficient money available to retain the living standards you have become accustomed to. This competitively priced product also allows applicants to insure their partner under the one policy and offers a range of additional options including cover for your Children, Total & Permanent Disability, Serious Illness and Accidental Death.
Family Life Cover is a flexible, easy to understand product offering affordable cover for you and your family. Policy owners can rest assured that in the event of their death, their family will receive a lump sum payment to help manage everyday living expenses, mortgage or rent repayments, personal debt and school fees among other financial obligations.
|Life Insurance - Max Amount||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Sum Insured||$100,000|
|Guaranteed Future Insurability|
Increase your cover after a major life event (e.g. marriage) without taking additional medical exams. Note: 'Major events' are different between providers.
|Maximum Entry Age||64|
|Terminal Illness Benefit||$1,000,000|
Your partner can also be included
Real Family Life Cover can provide cover for you and your partner, even if one of you stays at home and cares for the home and children on a full, or part time basis. Real Insurance realises that the cost of childcare and housekeeping is important. With this in mind, your partner can arrange a joint policy to pay out different benefits to compensate for the actual financial loss that would be occasioned if either one of you pass away or become terminally ill.
Real Family Life Cover details
- Applicants can receive up to $1 million in cover. The table below shows minimum and maximum cover for different age brackets.
|Age of Applicant||Minimum and Maximum Benefit Payment|
|18-44||$100,000 - $1 million|
|45-54||$100,000 - $750,000|
|55-59||$100,000 - $500,000|
|60-64||$100,000 - $300,000|
Conditions apply, make sure you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before applying. Information last checked as correct in November 2017 and is subject to change at anytime.
- Your policy renewal will be guaranteed over the life of the cover. This means that at no point in the future will you become uninsurable, as long as you continue to pay your premiums. Application for the cover has been specifically made easy and can be done over the phone with no medical or blood test required.
- Eligibility. Australian residents aged 18-64 can apply for cover.
- Advance Funeral Benefit. Real Family Life Cover may pay an advance amount of $10,000 to your beneficiary assist with funeral costs while the rest of your claim is being assessed.
- Complimentary Interim Accidental Death Cover. Free interim Accidental Death Cover for up to 30 days if Real Insurance needs further information to assess your application.
- Flexible Payments. Pay fortnightly, monthly or annually – at no extra cost
Cover options to choose from
You may feel that your situation requires some additional benefits. Family Life Cover offers a range of additional benefits to applicants. They are:
- Serious Illness Insurance for specified conditions. Will provide a lump sum benefit if the policy owner suffers a serious conditions defined in the PDS. This covers Heart Attack, Stroke, Malignant Cancer or Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Total & Permanent Disability Insurance A benefit will be paid under this option if you are unable to continue working because of an injury or illness, or if you were to suffer the loss of your eyesight or certain limbs. It will also give you financial protection if you lose your independent existence and become dependent on others to look after you.
- Children's Insurance. Your cover can be extended to cover the cost of looking after your children with things like medical expenses and school tuition if your child was to suffer one of the defined serious illnesses or injuries. The cover will also pay out on the occurrence of your child suffering an Accidental Death.
What isn't covered?
Real Insurance will not pay out a life insurance benefit if the life insured dies or has a Terminal Illness directly or indirectly as a result of a self-inflicted injury within 13 months of:
- cover commencing under the policy
- the date that cover is increased
- the policy being reinstated after previously being cancelled.
Each of the optional benefits also have some exclusions and limitations which are outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement.
In addition, in some cases the insurer will agree to a special term with you when you take out cover. This special term will exclude certain events and conditions from your policy’s coverage, for example participating in bungee jumping, so you won’t be able to claim for these special terms.