State by state analysis
Stereotypical or not, here are the property features certain areas of Australia care about the most
- The Northern Territory had the highest percentage of people who needed a swimming pool and air conditioning, sitting at 50 percent and 75 percent respectively. We don't blame them, it's so hot up there!
- Western Australians were the second most likely group to want a swimming pool in their next abode
- Overall, South Australians consider air conditioning (which sat at 80 percent of respondents) more important than any other state.
- The garage was most important to Queenslanders, at 63 percent, than any other property feature
- There's also hot demand for properties with off-street parking in New South Wales – paramount to 62 percent.
For those either looking to sell their property or simply make it a bit more attractive to tenants, this research provides a harrowing message that the big and flashy isn't always the best approach. Don't go installing a swimming pool if it's more likely your target market are just after a garage. Similarly, prospective buyers are going to be hot-headed in more ways than one if you've decided they need another car space over a comfortable room temperature inside by way of air conditioning.
Of course, when you decide that it's time to add an upgrade to your home, you should never go it alone and instead seek out some quality insights.
Ask an Expert