MoneyMe Express Visa Card
Have access to your loan in seconds with a MoneyMe Express Visa Card.
MoneyMe Visa Card no longer available
This card is no longer available for new applicants. Current MoneyMe Express Visa Cards will function until their expiry dates, but new funds can no longer be transferred. You also are no longer able to request a replacement card.
MoneyMe is making it even easier to get access to the finance you need with its Express Visa Card. Existing customers are instantly eligible for the card and new customers will receive one when applying for their loan. Find out more about the Express Card in our review below.
Maximum loan amount
Within the hour
depending on your institution
1 to 2 months
Term of loan
|Product Name||MoneyMe Loans|
|Minimum loan amount||$500|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||1 to 2 months|
|Turnaround time||Within the hour - depending on your institution|
|Costs||11-20% of loan amount (establishment fee) + 4% of loan amount each month|
|Requirements||You must be 18+, an Australian resident and employed with a decent credit history.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does the card work?
The card is a prepaid Visa debit card, letting you load your own funds onto it via direct debit. You can also use the card to receive instant access to loans approved by MoneyMe. The card is issued by Cuscal and lets you access your funds in-store using a PIN and Visa payWave, and also online and overseas.
Features of the MoneyMe Express Visa Card
The card offers various features, including:
- Secure access to your funds. Money that is loaded onto the card isn’t linked to your bank account, so offers you a safer way to spend. Verified by Visa keeps your transactions secure and you will not be held liable for unauthorised purchases.
- Receive loans almost instantly. Bank processing times mean you can be waiting up to 24 hours to receive your loan. With your Express Visa card you can receive your loan seconds after approval.
- Access to your funds 24/7. Your Express card gives you access to your funds anywhere that accepts Visa cards, anytime of the day or night. You can use your card to make purchases in-store or to withdraw cash at the ATM.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
What will the card cost?
There are several fees and charges that you should take into account.
To receive the card and load funds:
- to load funds by direct credit facility
- to replace your card when there are none in stock
- No card issue fee
To use funds:
- foreign exchange fee
To manage your account:
- monthly expired card fee
- monthly inactivity fee charged after seven months of inactivity until your card expires
- $20 for disputed transactions
- No balance enquiry fee
How you can apply for the card
Getting a card is easy. If you have taken out a MoneyMe loan before, you can register for a card in the Member’s Area. If you haven’t previously applied for a loan, you will need to make an application in order to get a card. To be eligible for a MoneyMe payday loan you need to be:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian permanent resident
- Currently employed
You’ll also need to have the following documents on hand to complete your application:
- Bank details to check the last 90 days of your statements
- A mobile phone number and valid email address
- Proof of your income
The MoneyMe Express Card gives you a convenient way to spend your own money and receive MoneyMe loans instantly, so if it sounds right for you, register for one today.