We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
LUCRF Super investment options
You'll be placed in the MySuper Balanced option when you first join LUCRF Super, then you're free to switch to another option any time after joining.
What are the key features of LUCRF Super?
- Industry super fund. LUCRF Super is an industry super fund, meaning its profits go back into the fund to benefit members instead of shareholders.
- 11 investment options. You can choose between a range of ready-made investment options or build your own portfolio from a selection of individual asset class options.
- MySuper product. The default investment option is an approved MySuper product designed to be a low-fee, no-frills option suited to the majority of members
- Mobile app. Members can download the free LUCRF Super mobile app to keep track of their super balance and contributions and switch investment options 24/7.
- Flexible insurance cover. You can select the insurance cover that suits you, or choose to opt out of cover all together.
- LUCRF community Program. LUCRF partners with local organisations to help create positive initiatives and projects that support the community.
What investment options does LUCRF Super offer?
LUCRF Super offers 5 pre-mixed diversified investment options, as well as 6 single asset class options.
Pre-mixed investment options
The default investment option, MySuper Balanced, is a diversified portfolio that invests your balance in a range of asset classes. Or, there are four alternative diversified portfolios to choose from depending on your risk tolerance, investment time frame and strategy.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation range|
|MySuper Balanced |
This is the default option for members when joining LUCRF Super and is an approved MySuper product.
|High||Australian shares: 15-40%|
International shares: 17-40%
Fixed interest: 0-25%
This option aims for higher growth over the long term by investing more in shares. Because of the larger exposure to shares, it's also higher risk than the Balanced option.
|High||Australian shares: 22-52%|
International shares: 26-56%
This option gives you the opportunity to invest in a range of passive assets including Australian and International Shares.
Passive Australian Shares: 20-50%
Passive International Shares: 20-50%
Passive fixed interest: 0-60%
This option aims to deliver decent returns without as much volatility as the Balanced and High Growth options. It has less exposure to shares and more exposure to fixed interest.
|Medium to high||Australian shares:10-28 %|
International shares: 10-28%
Fixed interest: 15-40%
This is the lowest risk of the pre-mixed investment options, and is suited to members with a low risk appetite and/or a short investment time frame (e.g.: older members).
|Medium||Australian shares: 8-16%|
International shares: 9-18%
Fixed interest: 12-35%
Single asset class options
If you want to be more hands on with your super, you can design your own investment portfolio using these individual asset class options. You can select one or several of the asset classes, and also decide how much of your balance you want invested in each asset class.
|Investment option||Investment strategy||Risk level|
|Australian shares (Active)||This option invests 100% in Australian shares. This option is actively managed by the investment managers.||Very high|
|International shares (Active)||This option invests 100% in international shares. This option is actively managed by the investment managers.||Very high|
|Australian shares (Indexed)||This option invests 100% in passive Australian shares. This option is passively managed.||Very high|
|International shares (Indexed)||This option invests 100% in passive international shares. This option is passively managed.||Very high|
|Property||This option invests 100% in Australian listed property shares (it does not invest in physical residential houses).||Very high|
|Cash||This option invests 100% in cash products (i.e. deposits in a bank).||Very low|
What insurance cover does LUCRF Super offer?
If you're over 25, have more than $6,000 in super and receive employer contributions you'll automatically receive the default level of cover for Death and Death & Total Permanent Disablement (TPD) insurance. You can increase this cover or opt out entirely at any time. You can also choose to add Income Protection cover if you feel you need it.
If you're under 25 and have a balance below $6000 when you join, you'll automatically be opted out of insurance cover.
How do I join LUCRF Super?
You can apply online by filling out the application form.
You will need to supply:
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your personal contact details including your Australian residential address.
- Previous super fund details. If you'd like to consolidate an existing super fund with your new fund online, you will need to provide your current fund details.
You will need to select:
- Investment option. You'll be asked to choose your investment option from those detailed above, so consider this before beginning your application. If you don't make a choice your super will be invested in the MySuper Balanced option.
- Insurance instructions. You'll be asked if you'd like to opt out of or tailor the default insurance policies, as detailed above.
More guides on Finder
Kogan Super | Performance, features and fees
Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options that each have low fees and mostly follow an indexed investment approach.
Retirement planning in Australia
This guide explains how to devise a superannuation strategy that works for you and how to plan for further income in old age, and gives you tips for pulling it all together.
Superhero Super: How to invest your super with Superhero
Superhero Super offers two different investment options which both give members more control over how their super is invested. Here's how the super account works.
What is superannuation?
Superannuation is the main way of saving for your retirement in Australia. Your superannuation is one big investment portfolio in your name that's managed for you by your super fund.
There are 24.4 million super accounts in Australia from a total of 84 funds, with MySuper assets equalling $812 billion. Find out more in our report.
International Women’s Day Report 2021
Finder's International Women's Day report explores the personal finance gap between men and women and the key drivers of financial inequality.
Finder Investing Report
Finder's Investing Report 2021 discusses what this year has in store for shares, property, micro-investing and superannuation. Access the report here.
Verve Super: Performance, features and fees
Verve Super is an ethical super fund designed by women for women and open to all Australians to join.
Australian Retirement Trust (formerly Sunsuper) vs HESTA: Which super fund is right for you?
We've compared the fees, investment options and performance for both Sunsuper and HESTA to help you choose between these two popular super funds.
Ask an Expert