Read through the Real Life Insurance Review and find out if this cover is suitable for you.
Real Insurance offers a range of innovative and tailorable insurance options for Australian families and individuals. Real’s insurance products extend beyond life insurance and its products include:
- Real Car Insurance
- Real Home Insurance
- Real Pet Insurance
- Real Travel Insurance
- Real Funeral Insurance
Latest deals from Real Life Insurance
|Get 10% off Real Life Insurance with Real Reward||After 12 months, receive back 10% of the premiums you've paid with the Real Reward™.||
Last verified 2 May 2017
Get an online quote for Real Life Insurance
Different Types of Insurance Cover Offered by Real Insurance
Real Family Life Cover
Family Life Cover offers a range of insurance combinations to suit what you require. Under the umbrella life cover term falls various other additional insurance options including:
- Children Insurance. Pays a lump sum benefit if the insured child experiences Accidental death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent loss of use of two limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
- Serious Illness Insurance. Pays a lump sum benefit of $50,000 up to the lesser of $500,000 or 50% of the Life Insurance Benefit if the insured person experiences a serious illness as described in the insurance policy. Serious illness conditions include Heart Attack, Malignant Cancer, Stroke or Coronary Artery Bypass.
- Total and Permanent Disability Insurance. Pays a minimum lump sum benefit of $50,000 to a maximum of $1 million if the insured person becomes Totally and Permanently disabled. Total and Permanent Disablement of the Insured person is classified by Real Insurance as:
- Loss of limbs or sight
- Unable to work
- Loss of independent existence
- Accidental Death Insurance: A lump sum benefit is paid in the event of death as a result of an accident. A benefit amount of $50,000 up to $500,000 may be paid in addition to the Life insurance benefit payment.
Maximum Benefit Amount (at Commencement Date)
|Current Age||Benefit Amount|
|18 - 44||$1,000,000|
|45 - 54||$750,000|
|55 - 59||$500,000|
|60 - 64||$300,000|
Income Protection Cover
Real Income Protection Cover offers a number of insurance combinations that you can tailor to your needs. The basic Income Protection Cover includes Income Protection insurance, which provides a monthly benefit payment if you suffer from a loss of income due to illness or injury, of up to 75% of your monthly income to a maximum of $10,000 per month. In addition to the monthly Income benefit, there are inbuilt features such as:
- Premium Waiver Benefit: You are not required to pay your premium while under claim for income protection benefit.
- Recurrent Disability Benefit: If the same illness recurs within six months of your last benefit payment, it will be treated as a continuation of your previous claim, and the usual Waiting Period will be waived.
A range of optional benefits are also available for you to consider taking out along with your Income Protection Cover, such as:
- Rehabilitation benefits: This pays you an additional income benefit on top of your monthly income benefit and is designed to assist you with rehabilitation program costs, such as if you would like to purchase special equipment to assist you with re-entering the workforce or office and home modification.
- Homemaker Insurance: This insurance covers if you are unable to engage in normal domestic duties for at least six consecutive months.
- Final Expenses Insurance: If the insured person passes away, a lump sum payment of up to $10,000 could be paid to beneficiaries to assist with final expenses related to the death.
- Children’s Insurance: A lump-sum payment is paid if the insured child experiences Accidental death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent loss of use of two limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
Real Serious Illness Cover
Serious Illness Cover can provide you with a benefit payment if you suffer Malignant Cancer, Stroke, Heart Attack or Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. Benefits that can be added to your Serious Illness Cover are:
- Children’s Insurance: pays a lump sum benefit if the insured child experiences Accidental death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent loss of use of two limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
- Accidental Serious Injury Insurance: a lump sum benefit is paid in the event the Person insured suffers a serious injury as defined by the policy.
Maximum Benefit Amount (at Commencement Date)
18 – 54
55 – 59
Real Accidental Death & Serious Injury Cover
Accidental Death and Serious Injury Cover provides a benefit in the event of the policyholder experiencing death or serious injury as the result of an accident. Policy owners and beneficiaries can use the benefit payout to cover day to day living expenses, cover outstanding debts, or pay for the associated medical costs. The accident insurance premium stays the same as you get older, and you and your partner are guaranteed cover until you are 75 years old, no matter where you are in the world.
Real Funeral Expenses Cover
Funeral Expenses Insurance pays your beneficiaries a lump sum benefit in the event of your death. This insurance policy is designed to reduce the financial obligations for family and your loved ones such as outstanding bills and funeral expenses. If the policyholder passes away from Accidental Death, a benefit can immediately be claimed. Death from other causes will require a waiting period of 12 months. Funeral Expenses Cover includes the following features:
- Choice of Coverage Amount: Benefit amount can be chosen with Funeral Expenses Insurance Benefit Amount ranging from $3000 to $15,000.
- Accidental Death Insurance: You are also provided with Accidental Death Insurance, which pays two times the Final Expenses Insurance Benefit Amount. This amounts to a maximum coverage of $45,000 with Funeral Expenses Cover.
All Australian residents between the ages of 18 and 79 can take out Funeral Expenses Insurance.
Real Bill Cover
Real Bill Cover offers a range of insurance combinations so that you are able to find the perfect policy for your situation. Bill Insurance provides a Monthly Income Benefit, between $1,000 and $3,500, if you are temporarily disabled due to illness or injury. In addition to the Monthly Benefit, your Bill Insurance Policy comes with the following built in benefits:
- Hospital Cash Benefit: This benefit provides a payment of $100 of each day the insured person is hospitalised as a result of an accident. The benefit payment is paid for up to 10 days.
- Premium Waiver: Premiums do not need to be paid during which the insured person is receiving a benefit payment.
- Recurrent Disability Benefit: If the insured person suffers from a recurrent illness or injury, of which a benefit payment has been paid before, then a waiting period will not apply, and the monthly benefit may resume immediately.
Key Benefits and Features of Real Insurance Policies
No matter which combinations you choose to complement your Real insurance policy, these features will be built-in at no extra cost.
- 30 day money back guarantee: Real Life Insurance allows 30 days from the commencement of your insurance policy to make sure you are happy with your policy. You are able to have your policy cancelled and any premiums refunded if you change your mind.
- Automatic sum insured increases: To keep up with the rate of inflation, your insurance coverage and all optional benefits are automatically increased every year by 5%, even if the maximum amount of coverage is reached.
- Further insurance options: Real Life Insurance may offer existing customers the option of incorporating further Insurance benefits in the policy if required.
- Premiums: Premium are subject to change. However, changes must be applied across all policy owners. At least 90 days notice will be given for any premium change.
- Payment flexibility: Your premium will be debited on the date of your choice, either fortnightly, monthly or annually. You can pay by automatic debit from your bank, credit union or building society account or by charge to your credit card. You may also change your method of payment at anytime.
- Claim flexibility and simplicity: You will be able to take advantage of Real Insurance’s worldwide, 24 hour a day, 7 days a week coverage. Claims can be made through mail or telephone.
- The Real RewardTM Cash Back: Once you have held your Policy for more than 12 months, you will be refunded 10% of the premiums you have paid in the first year
Real Insurance Company Background
Despite being only relatively new to the Australian insurance market, Real Life Insurance has quickly emerged as one of the key industry players through their impressive product suite. Real’s experienced team are dedicated to providing real customer service, and products that are easy to understand and manage.
Real insurance is a branch of the Hanover Group – one of the world’s leading insurance group. Customer service is a priority at Real Life Insurance as happy customers will remain loyal to the company and help it succeed.
Real is an Award Winning Insurance Provider in Australia
Over the past few years, Real Insurance products have received numerous awards, for example:
- Real Insurance was awarded Money magazine's Best of the Best 2013 Award for Cheapest Car Insurance for our Comprehensive cover.
Why Choose Real Insurance Plans?
Real Insurance products are issued by Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd ABN 37 062 395 484, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hannover Re and is part of the Hannover Re Group worldwide. Hannover Re is one of the largest life reinsurers in the world, and has a Standard and Poor’s Insurer Financial Strength of AA (Very Strong), and has maintained this rating for a number of years.
How do I get Real Life Insurance Quotes Online?
To receive a Real Life Insurance quote, simply follow one of the secure links located in the table above. After submitting your details securely online via the enquiry form, a Real Life Insurance Consultant will contact you to discuss your enquiry and how much you can expect to pay for cover based on the details that you have provided. This will be a preliminary quote and may be subject to change depending on the applicants situation i.e. any medical conditions. After reviewing the cover and premiums you can expect to pay, you can kick off your insurance application. Some applicants may be required to submit further medical underwriting if they have pre-existing conditions.
Details that Real Life Insurance requires to provide you with a preliminary quote include:
- Date of birth
- Smoker status
- Level of cover
- First name
- Last name