Read through the Real Life Insurance review and find out if this cover is suitable for you.
Real Insurance offers a range of innovative and tailorable insurance options for Australian families and individuals. Real Insurance’s products extend beyond life insurance and its products include:
- Real Income Protection Insurance
- Real Funeral Insurance
- Real Pet Insurance
- Real Car Insurance
- Real Home Insurance
- Real Travel Insurance
- Real Bike Insurance
Get the latest deal from Real Life Insurance
Get a quote for Real Life Insurance
Despite being only relatively new to the Australian insurance market, Real Insurance has quickly emerged as one of the key industry players through their impressive product suite. Real’s experienced team are dedicated to providing real customer service, and products that are easy to understand and manage.
Real Insurance operates under the Hollard Insurance Group – one of the world’s leading insurance groups. Customer service is a priority at Real Life Insurance as happy customers will remain loyal to the company and help it succeed.
Has Real received any awards in Australia?
Over the past few years, Real Insurance products have received numerous awards, for example:
- Real Insurance was awarded the Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award 2018, which is based on the ratings of Real's customers across a range of different products.
Why go with Real Life Insurance?
Real Insurance products are issued by Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd ABN 37 062 395 484, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hannover Re and is part of the Hannover Re Group worldwide. Hannover Re is one of the largest life reinsurers in the world, and has a Standard and Poor’s Insurer Financial Strength of AA (Very Strong), and has maintained this rating for a number of years.
What types of life insurance are offered by Real?
Real Family Life Insurance offers up to a $1 million benefit to cover death and terminal illness.
Maximum benefit amount (at Commencement Date)
|Current Age||Benefit Amount|
|18 - 44||$1,000,000|
|45 - 54||$750,000|
|55 - 59||$500,000|
|60 - 64||$300,000|
Conditions apply, make sure you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before applying. Information last checked as correct in November 2017 and is subject to change at anytime.
Additional options available
Real Family Life Cover offers a range of insurance combinations to suit what you require. Under the umbrella life cover term falls various other additional insurance options including:
- Children Insurance. Pays a lump sum benefit if the insured child experiences Accidental death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent loss of use of two limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
- Serious Illness Insurance. Pays a lump sum benefit of $50,000 up to the lesser of $500,000 or 50% of the Life Insurance Benefit if the insured person experiences a serious illness as described in the insurance policy. Serious illness conditions include Heart Attack, Malignant Cancer, Stroke or Coronary Artery Bypass.
- Total and Permanent Disability Insurance. Pays a minimum lump sum benefit of $50,000 to a maximum of $1 million if the insured person becomes Totally and Permanently disabled. Total and Permanent Disablement of the Insured person is classified by Real Insurance as:
- Loss of limbs or sight
- Unable to work
- Loss of independent existence
- Accidental Death Insurance: A lump sum benefit is paid in the event of death as a result of an accident. A benefit amount of $50,000 up to $500,000 may be paid in addition to the Life insurance benefit payment.
Real Income Protection Cover offers a number of insurance combinations that you can tailor to your needs. The basic Income Protection Cover includes Income Protection insurance, which provides a monthly benefit payment if you suffer from a loss of income due to illness or injury, of up to 75% of your monthly income to a maximum of $10,000 per month. In addition to the monthly Income benefit, there are inbuilt features such as:
- Premium Waiver Benefit: You are not required to pay your premium while under claim for income protection benefit.
- Recurrent Disability Benefit: If the same illness recurs within six months of your last benefit payment, it will be treated as a continuation of your previous claim, and the usual Waiting Period will be waived.
Additional benefits available
A range of optional benefits are also available for you to consider taking out along with your Income Protection Cover, such as:
- Rehabilitation benefits: This pays you an additional income benefit on top of your monthly income benefit and is designed to assist you with rehabilitation program costs, such as if you would like to purchase special equipment to assist you with re-entering the workforce or office and home modification.
- Homemaker Insurance: This insurance covers if you are unable to engage in normal domestic duties for at least six consecutive months.
- Final Expenses Insurance: If the insured person passes away, a lump sum payment of up to $10,000 could be paid to beneficiaries to assist with final expenses related to the death.
- Children’s Insurance: A lump-sum payment is paid if the insured child experiences Accidental death, Paralysis, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent loss of use of two limbs, Encephalitis, Meningitis or Major Head Trauma.
Other standalone products available from Real
Key Benefits and Features of Real Insurance Policies
No matter which combinations you choose to complement your Real insurance policy, these features will be built-in at no extra cost.
- 30 day money back guarantee: Real Life, Funeral, and Income Protection Insurance allow 30 days from the commencement of your insurance policy to make sure you are happy with your policy. You are able to have your policy cancelled and any premiums refunded if you change your mind, unless a claim has already been made.
- Automatic sum insured increases: To keep up with the rate of inflation, benefits on Life Insurance are automatically increased every year by 5%, even if the maximum amount of coverage is reached.
- Further insurance options: Real Life Insurance may offer existing customers the option of incorporating further Insurance benefits in the policy if required.
- Premiums: Premium are subject to change. However, changes must be applied across all policy owners. At least 90 days notice will be given for any premium change.
- Payment flexibility: Your premium will be debited on the date of your choice, either fortnightly, monthly or annually. You can pay by automatic debit from your bank, credit union or building society account or by charge to your credit card. You may also change your method of payment at anytime.
- Claim flexibility and simplicity: Claims can be made through mail or telephone.
- The Real Reward: Once you have held your policy for 12 months, you will receive a 10% refund on the premiums you have paid in that time.
How do I get Real Life Insurance quotes online?
To receive a Real Life Insurance quote, simply follow one of the secure links located in the table above. After submitting your details securely online via the enquiry form, a Real Life Insurance Consultant will contact you to discuss your enquiry and how much you can expect to pay for cover based on the details that you have provided. This will be a preliminary quote and may be subject to change, depending on the product, based on the applicant's situation i.e. any medical conditions. After reviewing the cover and premiums you can expect to pay, you can kick off your insurance application. Some applicants may be required to submit further medical underwriting if they have pre-existing conditions.
Details that Real Life Insurance requires to provide you with a preliminary quote include:
- Date of birth
- Smoker status
- Level of cover
- First name
- Last name