How to buy Theta Network (THETA) in Australia
Learn how to buy Theta Network (THETA) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Theta Network
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Theta Network.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports THETA.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Theta Network.
- Buy Theta Network.
Complete your Theta Network purchase and then find the best wallet to store THETA.
What is Theta Network?
In its most basic sense, Theta is a decentralised video streaming platform that looks to eliminate many of the issues — related to HQ data relay, centralization, censorship — that are currently being faced by traditional platforms like Youtube. It achieves this by making use of a distributed network that consists of users all over the world who voluntarily provide the ecosystem with their excess computing resources in lieu of Theta Fuel (TFuel) tokens. THETA is the native governance token of the Theta protocol. Individuals who own substantial sums of the currency can act as validators or guardian nodes. Not only that, there is a hard cap on the total number of THETA that can ever come into existence, i.e. 1,000,000,000 tokens, making the currency immune to various inflation-based supply problems.
Theta Network (THETA) is the 47th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $2,939,819,028. The current price of Theta Network is $2.94, which is 0.023% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $3.13 and $2.83 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of January 28, 2022 06:01 UTC.
Where to buy Theta Network
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade THETA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Theta Network?
The technical analysis gauge for Theta Network displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Theta Network based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Theta Network: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how THETA performs.
Theta Network at a glance
|Total THETA supply||1,000,000,000|
|Notable team members||Mitch Liu, Jieyi Long|
|Partnerships||Samsung, Google Cloud|
Theta Network price performance over time
How to sell Theta Network
You can cash out your THETA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have THETA on.
If you store your Theta Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of THETA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Theta Network.
What to consider when buying Theta NetworkBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in THETA:
- Unique operational set-up: Using its decentralized framework, which depends largely on the computing power of its users, Theta is able to relay high-quality videos through its network at relatively low costs.
- Censorship-resistant: One issue that has become quite prominent in recent times is that of tech censorship. Many people around the globe feel that they are being targeted unfairly by many Silicon Valley giants for simply holding views that are not similar to theirs. Theta seeks to change all that by allowing the transmission of digital media content in a totally immutable, censorship-resistant manner.
- Solid backing team: The platform is fronted by CEO Mitch Liu and CTO Jieyi Long. Liu has previously been associated with the MIT Media Lab and was also the co-founder of mobile ad company Tapjoy, which by the time he quit had an annual revenue sum of $100 million. Furthermore, Theta has also been able to bring in the co-founders of YouTube and Twitch to its advisory panel.
- Limitations: Potential investors should be wary of the fact that all deposits done on the Theta platform are irreversible and totally non-refundable.
- Non-fungible token (NFT) incorporation: Theta’s Mainnet 3.0 features an NFT marketplace that allows users to explore this fast-evolving space. The integration also allows for the development of cross-chain bridges between Theta, Ethereum and other blockchain ecosystems, enabling the decentralized storage of various NFTs in a highly efficient manner.
Coins similar to Theta Network (THETA)
Theta Network (THETA) in the news
Russian President says crypto-mining could give them certain competitive advantages.
Reddit Follows Twitters Footsteps, Plans NFT as Profile Picture for Users
NFTs 'Achieved Mainstream Breakthrough' in 2021: Nansen
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Theta Network, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of THETA is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Theta Network or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Intel and Block support for miners could push Bitcoin higher
Intel and Block plan to reveal new mining hardware.
Ubisoft’s NFT promise: “We won’t force our players to use Quartz”
In an exclusive interview with Finder, VP of Strategic Innovations Lab, Nicolas Pouard, spells out he future of Ubisoft's NFTs.
2022 BMW 8 Series adds tweaked looks and extra tech ahead of mid-year launch
BMW Australia's 8 Series range is set to receive an update for 2022 with slightly refreshed styling and additional tech headlining its flagship luxury sports model.
Your mortgage could increase by $500+ per month – here’s why
Westpac predicts 6 mortgage rate rises before Easter 2024. If they're on the money, how much could this cost you?
Share market sell-off won’t change winners and losers
The current market sell-off is providing an opportunity for investors to pick up structural winners at a discount, two industry experts say.
Where to watch The Fallout online in Australia
Recovering from trauma is a lengthy process.
Ubisoft responds to angry NFT Digits and Quartz reaction – Interview
We talk to Nicolas Pouard, VP at Ubisoft's Strategic Innovations Lab, about the launch of Ubisoft Quartz and the Digits NFTs
Westpac expects to jack your mortgage up 6 times in 2 years
Find out why and how much it's likely to cost you.
The Great Australian Bake Off: How to watch the new season online
On your marks, get set, bake!
Travel insurance COVID: Does it cover hotel quarantine?
Hotel quarantine could cost you thousands unless you get the right travel insurance policy.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert