Youi Landlord Insurance
What can Youi Landlord Insurance do for you?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're a landlord, you've got enough to worry about without having to fret over insurance. While the market has plenty of options, the important questions still need to be asked. What events are you covered for? Are there any exclusions? What optional extras are there and how easy is it to make a claim?
We've looked through each policy in detail, so read our full guide to Youi Landlord Insurance and find out if it has everything you need to keep your building, contents and investments secure.
Get landlord insurance quotes from Youi
What cover options does it have?
- Building Only Insurance. Cover for your home or building, this includes pipes, cables, ducting, wires, switches, meters, fixed appliances, carports, patios, paved paths, driveways and other permanent fixtures (pools, spas, etc).
- Contents Only Insurance. Covers contents owned by you as the landlord or that you're responsible for, including carpets, curtains, blinds, furniture, furnishings, non-permanent light fittings, removable domestic appliances and utensils.
- Combined Home and Contents Insurance. You can combine both policies for complete protection of your home and its contents.
How does each cover type compare?
|Fire and explosions|
|Accidental broken glass and ceramics|
|Escape of liquid|
|Burnout of electric motors|
|Locks and keys|
|Clean up and professional fees|
|Contents in transit|
|Cover while you move|
What additional cover options are there?
- Tenant default or damage. Should your tenant leave without notice, be legally removed, default on rent or cause any intentional damage, this additional cover can protect you against loss of rent for up to 15 weeks. It should be noted that there are strict conditions that need to be met for this claim to be successful.
What exclusions are there?
There are certain exclusions to be aware of that may cause your claim to be rejected. Generally, you will not be covered for:
- Wear and tear or deterioration on old property or contents.
- Deliberate damage to your property or contents by you or someone else with your permission.
- Dodgy workmanship or faulty designs and defects.
- Damage from the application of heat (for example, installing laminate).
- Actions of the sea or earth movements.
- Chemical damage from cleaning.
Your policy will have full details on exclusions, so be sure to read the fine print and if you have any further questions, get in contact with Youi directly.
What excess do I need to pay?
If the worst should happen and you need to make a claim, you will often be required to pay an excess (unless otherwise outlined in your policy) for each claim you make. For example, if a fire damaged your house you would need to claim for the damage and pay an excess. If the house was unusable, you could claim for loss of rent. Your excess amount for each claim will depend on your level of cover and the sum you're claiming.
How do I make a claim?
Once you have dealt with the situation, and you and any other household members are safe, try to contact Youi as soon as possible so that they can assist you in the claims process.
You can lodge a claim either by phone or online.
More guides on Finder
Body corporate fees
What exactly are body corporate fees and what do your quarterly fees go towards?
9 Great Property apps
We've picked our favourite property apps for buying, renting and sprucing up your living space.
Best energy provider in Australia
Learn how to compare energy providers in your state with our free online tool.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Best iPhone 12 Pro cases in Australia
Keep your new tech protected with one of the best iPhone 12 Pro cases available right here in Australia.
Best blue light glasses in Australia
Block out excess blue light while staying stylish with a pair of the best blue light glasses money can buy.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.