Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own.

ANZ Landlord Insurance

From damaged belongings to ceiling repairs, ANZ landlord insurance can help you keep the rent coming in. Find out if it’s right for you.

No reviews yet. Write a review
ANZ Landlord Insurance

ANZ is one of Australia's most respected insurance providers. If you rely on rental income, it could be a lifeline when something inevitably goes wrong with your property. It can safeguard your investment from fires, floods, damaged belongings and more - so is it worth it for you? We've broken it down to make your decision easier.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the ANZ website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with Finder.

Compare landlord insurance fast

What cover options does ANZ landlord insurance offer?

ANZ landlord insurance offers three types of protection: combined building and contents insurance, building insurance and contents insurance. Here's what they do:

  • Building insurance. This looks after residential properties, including professional offices and surgeries, and more specifically the building itself. That means you're covered for any built-in parts of the building (like built-in air con and swimming pools) including walls, floors and ceilings as well as things like garden sheds, pipes, cables, meters and other permanent fixtures.
  • Contents insurance. This won't cover any of the above. Rather, it covers the contents of the property, including carpets, furniture, curtains, blinds, furnishings, removable appliances, non-permanent light fittings and more.
  • Building and contents insurance. This combines and covers everything listed above for full comprehensive protection.

How does each ANZ landlord insurance cover type compare?

Key benefitsBuildings and contentsBuildings onlyContents only
Natural events including lightning, earthquake & storms
Full building replacement
Cover for accidental glass breakage
Loss of rent
Rental defaultOptionalOptionalOptional
Cover for vandalism or malicious acts
New for old contents replacement

What additional cover options are included?

If your property suffers loss or damage as a result of an insured event, building insurance can cover you for the following:

  • Architects, surveyors and legal fees
  • Demolition and removal of debris costs
  • Loss of rent
  • Mortgage discharge costs
  • Replacing and repairing keys and locks
  • Trees, plants and shrubs replacement
With contents insurance, you'll also be automatically covered for the following.

  • Loss of rent. If an insured event prevents your property from inhabitable, ANZ will cover you for loss of rent. You may be covered for your listed rental amount for up to 12 months.
  • Replacing and repairing keys/locks. If an insured event occurs, they'll have someone come out and replace or mend your keys and locks.

What's not covered?

All policies have exclusions and it's important you know what you won't be covered for. Some of the main exclusions include:

  • Loss or damage caused by maintenance or repairs that have been carried out by the tenants, or on their behalf.
  • Loss or damage caused by pets.
  • Loss or damage caused by general wear and tear, including erosion and rust.
  • Past damage that has been left unrepaired.
  • Items owned by the tenant, including furniture, clothing and other personal items.
  • Rental default where you haven't taken all possible legal avenues available.
  • Contents that are not related to the letting of the property.

How do I make a claim?

You should always contact ANZ as soon as possible when you want to make a claim. With ANZ, you can claim online or call 13 16 14. To avoid delays, have all the necessary information ready before submitting your claim. Some of the information you'll need to provide will include:

  • Your policy holder details
  • Your name and preferred contact number
  • Your email address
  • The address of the insured property
  • Whether the property is still inhabitable
  • Incident details including when it occurred and any supporting documents
  • A detailed description of the incident
  • If emergency repairs were required

More guides on Finder

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our 1. Terms Of Service and 6. Finder Group Privacy & Cookies Policy.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Go to site