Receive up to $15,000 in funeral cover with Australian Seniors
Final expenses insurance is designed to provide a benefits for costs associated with funeral, cremation or burial expenses and ensure that you are not placing an added financial burden on your family.
Australian Seniors funeral Insurance cover is provided by the Australian Seniors Insurance Agency. The company was founded in 1998 with the aim of providing insurance solutions specifically for Australian seniors. Since its inception, Australian Seniors Insurance Agency has focused on providing a comprehensive suite of insurance products that cater for the needs of the mature Australian market, and has successfully introduced affordable insurance based services such as travel insurance and final expenses cover for seniors.
- Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance Benefits
- Who Can Apply for Australian Seniors Insurance Funeral Plan
- Australian Seniors Insurance Exclusions
- How Much Does an Australian Seniors Funeral Plan Cost?
- Australian Seniors Insurance Agency Cover Period
- Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance Policy Features
- Making an Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance Claim
Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance Benefits
No one wants to burden their family with funeral costs, which is why it’s a good idea to consider Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance.
- Final Expenses. Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance allows policyholders to relax knowing that their final expenses are covered.
- Family Plan. There is also a Family plan, which covers both the life of the policyholder and any nominated family members included on the policy document.
- Benefits. In the event of accidental death, your chosen beneficiary receives a benefit amount of up to $45,000. This amount is meant to assist with funeral arrangements and settle other bills related to your funeral and burial. Death due to natural causes is covered for up to $15,000 after 12 months of applying for the policy.
- Injury cover. Seniors final expenses insurance also offers affordable injury cover designed for policyholders over 50 years’ of age. Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance can be tailored to fit your expenses and it offers worldwide protection from accidents that result in serious injuries such as blindness, permanent loss of your limbs, and deafness.
Who Can Apply for Australian Seniors Insurance Funeral Plan
Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance is open to all Australian residents aged between 18 and 79 years. Policyholders can opt to insure their own lives from accidental death or death from any other causes under the Single Plan, or a Family Plan that would include additional life cover for their Australian based spouse or partner aged between 18 and 79 years. Your financially dependent children who are under the age of 21 and currently residing in Australia will be automatically covered in your Family Plan as well.
Australian Seniors Insurance Exclusions
By taking up Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance, you are protecting your family and loved ones from the burden of your funeral expenses and other final expenses. If you opt for an age-based policy, your benefit amount increases by 5% each policy anniversary and your premium also increases until you reach the age of 90, where your premium is waived but your benefit amount remains. With the fixed premium rate option, your premium and benefit amount increases in a similar manner until you reach the age of 80, but you have the option decline this increase.
- It is important to note that if your cover ends, no benefits are payable and you cannot get a refund of any premiums made after the 30 day cooling off period.
- For the first year of the policy, a benefit is only be paid if your death is the result of an accident. After this period, a benefit will be paid regardless of the cause of your death.
- Accidental serious injury insurance covers you for serious injury, but no benefit will be paid for intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide attempts and injuries acquired while engaging in criminal activities or by taking drugs not prescribed by a medical practitioner.
How Much Does an Australian Seniors Funeral Plan Cost?
The premiums payable on your Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance are shown on your policy schedule. Policyholders have the option of either choosing and age-based or fixed premium structure according to their needs and budget, and they can choose to make monthly or fortnightly payments on their policy.
Generally, you are at liberty to decide the benefit amount that suits you, from $3000 to $15,000. If you die from an accident within the first year of taking up your policy, a benefit amount of three times your standard benefit amount will be paid, with a limit of $45,000. Premium payments stop when you reach the age of 90, but your cover remains for life. For an additional premium, you can add accidental serious injury insurance to your policy and get cover for injuries such as Quadriplegia, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Blindness and permanent loss of use of two limbs.
Australian Seniors Insurance Agency Cover Period
Your Australian Seniors cover begins from when your first premium is deducted, which is called the commencement date of your policy. As long as you continue to pay your premiums, your cover is renewed for the rest of your life.
Cover ends when either when a policy is cancelled or when a benefit is paid. Cover for a financially dependent child of the policyholder ends when they attain the age of 21.
Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance Policy Features
Cooling Off Period
Your Australian Seniors funeral insurance policy has a 30 day money back guarantee period known as the ‘cooling off’ period. This period is for you to decide whether you are happy with the policy you have chosen. You are allowed to cancel your cover or any optional benefit before the cooling off period ends if it does not suit your needs. However, you can only cancel your cover if you have not made any claim under the policy. Your cooling off period begins on the commencement date of your policy, and any premiums paid during this period are refunded should you decide to cancel your insurance cover.
Automatic Sum Insured Increases
Your Australian Seniors funeral insurance policy and optional benefits are increased on every policy anniversary to help your benefit amount keep up with the rising cost of living. An automatic sum insured increase of 5% is applicable for both age-based and fixed rate premium options, though policyholders can decline this increase at any given time. Automatic sum increases are offered on each policy anniversary.
Your premium is the amount you pay on your Australian Seniors funeral insurance policy each month, and it is calculated at each policy anniversary. The premium applicable to your policy is subject to review and may increase over time. Any changes to your premium rate will be communicated to you in writing.
Changing your Insurance
You are allowed to apply in writing at any time to increase or decrease your insurance or change from a Family Plan to a Single Plan and vice versa. You can also request to change your premium payment method or frequency on your policy anniversary.
Making an Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance Claim
You or your legal representative can make a claim by calling or writing to the Australian Seniors Policy Services. Your claim request will be processed and you’ll be sent a form to complete, sign and return to the insurer. Sometimes, a form will also be sent to your treating doctor or specialist for completion.
Before a benefit is paid, the insurer will need to substantiate your claim. Tests, examinations and laboratory results, as well as supporting information from a medical practitioner must accompany any claim for Australian Seniors Final Expenses Insurance. In addition, all claims should be made as soon as the event giving rise to the claim occurs. Preferably, claims should be made within 120 days of the death or accidental injury occurring. Failure to lodge a claim in a timely fashion may result in a lower benefit or a nonpayment by the insurer.