Find out which account will suit you
CommSec and nabtrade both offer online share trading with competitive fees. This guide will help you choose the best option for your needs.
No two investors are alike, so there's no single platform we recommend for everyone. Someone who only wants to trade occasionally in Australian shares will have different needs to a dedicated day trader.
Below, we've compared the features and products for CommSec and nabtrade to help you identify which one suits your share trading needs better.
- Free dynamic data: Latest market insights will help develop your investment strategy.
- Advanced charting: Leverage nabtrade’s charting tools to locate your next trading opportunity.
- Market insights: CommSec provide live share market data and reports, video tutorials, movements in stock prices and the latest market trends.
- Executive interviews: Video interviews with leading industry figures discussing investment strategies and opportunities.
- Global Scanner: Source strategies for both local and global stocks.
- Real-time notifications: Keep up to date with any movements in share trading prices or volumes of shares traded.
- Charting tools: These can help you compare stocks and assess their value.
- Conditional orders: Using conditional orders can help you ensure your trades are placed even when you’re not actively assessing the market.
- Trading Central: This provides strategic insights to help with the timing of your investments.
- Wise-Owl.com: This identifies opportunities amongst ASX emerging companies.
- Research platform: With a diverse range of research tools and reports, you can make better informed investment decisions.
- FAQ: nabtrade feature a comprehensive FAQ section.
- Customer Care: You can contact a nabtrade customer service representative Monday-Friday 8am-8pm AEST.
- CommSec Advisory: This advisory platform helps you to increase your wealth by accessing resources and professional guidance.
- Customer Care: You can contact a CommSec customer service representative Monday-Friday 8am-7pm AEST.
- Access: Trade online with nabtrade using the IRESS Trader app- available on iOS.
- Global Markets: Trade international shares across five markets, eight exchanges and over 10,000 global equities and exchange traded funds.
- Access: Manage your portfolio when you’re on the go with the free CommSec app, available on both iOS and Android.
- Global Markets: Access over 25 global markets with professional stock recommendations to help you manage and diversify your portfolio.
nabtrade lets you trade with Australian shares and options, international shares, exchange traded funds (ETFs), cash management accounts and margin loans.
CommSec offers a greater selection of financial instruments to trade, including Australian shares, margin loans, cash accounts, managed funds, options, contracts for difference (CFDs), international shares, exchange traded funds (ETFs), interest rate securities and warrants.