Execute fast trades and take advantage of a host of award-winning features with a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account.
CMC Markets is a leading provider of online trading services with a successful history dating 30 years. Using CMC Markets, you can trade a wide range of products including local and international shares, CFDs, forex, indices, Exchange Trade Options (ETOs), commodities, treasuries and more.
With a choice of trading platforms, CMC Markets customers can take advantage of a raft of useful features and trading tools as part of their trading account. CMC Markets has also won multiple industry awards for features like customer satisfaction and overall value for money, marking it as a respected online trading provider.
If you’re looking to trade shares, CMC Markets can offer you the ability to execute fast trades, low brokerage and a wide range of research tools. This article is a product review for CMC Markets share trading only.
|Product name||CMC Markets Stockbroking (Classic account)|
|Type of broker||
Exchange traded options
London Stock Exchange
Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Tokyo Stock Exchange
|Standard brokerage fee for ASX shares||$11 for first 10 trades|
What can I trade with a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account?
A CMC Markets Stockbroking Account lets you trade the following products:
- You can trade Australia Shares. Access companies listed across the ASX and APX.
- You can take advantage of IPOs and placements. The CMC Markets share trading platform gives you access to traditional and ASX Bookbuild IPOs and placements.
What are the features of this account?
- You can up to date market data. 20-minute delayed market data is available for free, while live data is available for a $10 monthly fee (this is rebated if you make more than 10 trades a month). For dynamic data, a $41.25 monthly fee applies but will be rebated if you make more than 30 trades per month.
- You have access to a range of research. CMC Markets offers a wealth of research tools help you make educated trading decisions. This includes course of sales information, market depth, independent research, a stock filter and more.
- Trade through multiple channels. Trades can be placed online, over the phone or from a CMC Markets app on your Android or iOS tablet or smartphone. Live chat, phone and email support are also available when you need help.
- Hedge your risks with order types. In addition to being able to place limit and at market orders, you can place unlimited free conditional orders through your CMC Markets Stockbroking Account in order to reduce your risk.
What account types are available with CMC Markets?
CMC Markets offers three membership options: Classic, Active Investor and Premium Trader.
|Membership option||Description||To qualify||Brokerage rates|
|CMC Markets’ standard platform with low brokerage fees and a host of features||Make a maximum of 10 trades per month||First 10 trades: $11 or 0.10%|
11th to 30th trade: $9.90 or 0.08% 31st+ trade: $9.90 or 0.075%
|All the features of Classic plus free live data, free access to daily technical analysis emails and technical analysis data, and access to eScreener research reports||Make 11-30 trades per month OR Make more than 5 trades and incur more than $500 in brokerage per month||First 10 trades: $9.90 or 0.10%|
11th to 30th trade: $9.90 or 0.08%31st+ trade: $9.90 or 0.075%
|All the CMC Markets Active Investor features plus free live or dynamic data, exclusive access to CMC Premium Client events and educational resources, free tax and portfolio reporting||Make more than 30 trades per month||All trades: $9.90 or 0.075%|
What support and information is available with a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account?
If you need assistance with your CMC Markets Stockbroking Account, you can contact CMC Markets to speak with an experienced representative. Support options include phone, email and live online chat.
A wide range of education resources is offered online, including webinars, trading guides, videos and instructional articles. While many resources are available for free, Premium Trader customers get access to the full range of educational resources.
Fees when using a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account
As you can see in the table above, the brokerage fees charged by CMC Markets depend on your membership tier, but they can be as low as $9.90 or 0.075% (whichever is greater) for online trades. However, phone trades will incur a brokerage fee of $59.95.
The other fees you will have to contend with concern your access to market data. While 20-minute delayed market data is available for free, customers can also choose live data ($10 per month) or dynamic data ($41.25 per month). However, as the table above demonstrates, these monthly fees will be rebated if you make a certain number of trades each month and move up through the membership tiers.
What are the pros and cons about a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account
- You can look forward to low brokerage fees. With brokerage from as low as $9.90, CMC Markets offers an extremely affordable service.
- Its an award-winning provider. Head to the CMC Markets website to see a full list of the industry awards it has won.
- There's a wide range of trading options. CMC Markets allows you to trade a wealth of products and tailor an investment strategy to suit your needs.
- You can execute fast trades. CMC Markets Stockbroking Account trades are executed in less than one second.
- Hefty phone brokerage fee. Like many other online trading platforms, CMC Markets charges a sizable phone trade brokerage fee of around $60. Make sure you’re aware of this fee before you place a trade over the phone.
How do I apply for a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account
If a CMC Markets Stockbroking Account offers features that interest you, click ‘apply now’ to be securely redirected to an online application form.
Before you start the application process, make sure you have the following information handy:
- Your personal details
- Your tax file number
- Your driver’s licence number
- Your linked bank account details