How to buy YG Entertainment (122870) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in YG Entertainment shares.
YG Entertainment (122870) is an entertainment company based in South Korea. The company manages artists like Big Bang, BLACKPINK and iKON while releasing video content that has been picked up by streaming services such as Netflix. Founded in 1996, the company currently trades on the Korea Exchange.
What's in this guide?
- YG Entertainment key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is YG Entertainment stock a buy or sell?
- YG Entertainment performance over time
- Are YG Entertainment shares over-valued?
- YG Entertainment's financials
- How volatile are YG Entertainment shares?
- Does YG Entertainment pay a dividend?
- Have YG Entertainment shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How to buy shares in YG Entertainment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company that's listed outside of Australia, you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for YG Entertainment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 122870. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until YG Entertainment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of KRW₩₩53800, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of YG Entertainment, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of YG Entertainment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
YG Entertainment stock price (KQ:122870)Use our graph to track the performance of 122870 stocks over time.
YG Entertainment shares at a glance
|52-week range||₩41567.7778 - ₩97000|
|50-day moving average||₩61878|
|200-day moving average||₩67802.5|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||₩3868.453|
Compare trading platforms to buy YG Entertainment shares
Is it a good time to buy YG Entertainment stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
YG Entertainment price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-20)||16.08%|
|1 month (2023-10-27)||19.39%|
|3 months (2023-08-25)||-14.79%|
|6 months (2023-05-26)||-31.74%|
|1 year (2022-11-25)||46.73%|
|2 years (2021-11-26)||8.46%|
|3 years (2020-11-27)||39.40%|
|5 years (2018-11-27)||46.56%|
Is YG Entertainment under- or over-valued?
Valuing YG Entertainment stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of YG Entertainment's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
YG Entertainment's P/E ratio
YG Entertainment's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 33x. In other words, YG Entertainment shares trade at around 33x recent earnings.
YG Entertainment's EBITDA
YG Entertainment's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is KRW₩111.3 billion (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a YG Entertainment's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
YG Entertainment financials
|Revenue TTM||KRW₩584.8 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||14%|
|Gross profit TTM||KRW₩127.2 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||8.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||1675.2%|
|Market capitalisation||KRW₩1 trillion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
YG Entertainment share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 6.47% of net profits
Recently YG Entertainment has paid out, on average, around 6.47% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), YG Entertainment shareholders could enjoy a 0% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In YG Entertainment's case, that would currently equate to about ₩N/A per share.
While YG Entertainment's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that YG Entertainment is investing more in its future growth.
Have YG Entertainment's shares ever split?
YG Entertainment's shares were split on a 1.3:1 basis on 2 May 2014. So if you had owned 1 share the day before the split, the next day you would own 1.3 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your YG Entertainment shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 23.1% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for YG Entertainment shares which in turn could have impacted YG Entertainment's share price.
YG Entertainment share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, YG Entertainment's shares have ranged in value from as little as KRW₩41567.7778 up to KRW₩97000. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (KQ average) beta is 1, while YG Entertainment's is 0.937. This would suggest that YG Entertainment's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
YG Entertainment overview
YG Entertainment Inc. operates as an entertainment company in South Korea. The company publishes and distributes digital music and other materials. It also trains and offers artists, as well as provides content services. The company was formerly known as Hyun Entertainment and changed its name to YG Entertainment Inc. in April 2001. YG Entertainment Inc. was founded in 1996 and is based in Seoul, South Korea.
YG Entertainment in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Nov 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert