How to buy YG Entertainment (122870) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in YG Entertainment shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
YG Entertainment (122870) is an entertainment company based in South Korea. The company manages artists like Big Bang, BLACKPINK and iKON while releasing video content that has been picked up by streaming services such as Netflix. Founded in 1996, the company currently trades on the Korea Exchange.
What's in this guide?
- YG Entertainment key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is YG Entertainment stock a buy or sell?
- YG Entertainment performance over time
- YG Entertainment's financials
- How volatile are YG Entertainment shares?
- Does YG Entertainment pay a dividend?
- Have YG Entertainment shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How to buy shares in YG Entertainment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company that's listed outside of Australia, you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for YG Entertainment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 122870. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until YG Entertainment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of KRW₩₩68300, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of YG Entertainment, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of YG Entertainment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
YG Entertainment stock price (KQ:122870)Use our graph to track the performance of 122870 stocks over time.
YG Entertainment shares at a glance
|52-week range||₩38150 - ₩69000|
|50-day moving average||₩29600|
|200-day moving average||₩29600|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||N/A|
Where to buy YG Entertainment stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy YG Entertainment stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
YG Entertainment price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-21)||-26.49%|
|1 month (2021-09-28)||-12.26%|
|3 months (2021-07-28)||-8.18%|
|6 months (2021-04-28)||15.02%|
|1 year (2020-10-28)||20.05%|
|2 years (2019-10-28)||90.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||34.97%|
|5 years (2016-10-28)||67.46%|
Is YG Entertainment under- or over-valued?
Valuing YG Entertainment stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of YG Entertainment's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
YG Entertainment's EBITDA
YG Entertainment's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is KRW₩27 billion.
The EBITDA is a measure of a YG Entertainment's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
YG Entertainment financials
|Revenue TTM||KRW₩299.6 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||4.63%|
|Gross profit TTM||KRW₩80.4 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||1.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||5.65%|
|Market capitalisation||KRW₩1.2 trillion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
YG Entertainment share dividends
We're not expecting YG Entertainment to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have YG Entertainment's shares ever split?
YG Entertainment's shares were split on a 93773:7213 basis on 1 May 2014. So if you had owned 7213 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 93773 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your YG Entertainment shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 92.3% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for YG Entertainment shares which in turn could have impacted YG Entertainment's share price.
YG Entertainment share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, YG Entertainment's shares have ranged in value from as little as KRW₩38150 up to KRW₩69000. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (KQ average) beta is 1, while YG Entertainment's is 0.7581. This would suggest that YG Entertainment's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
YG Entertainment overview
YG Entertainment Inc. operates as an entertainment company in South Korea. The company publishes and distributes digital music and other materials. It also trains and offers artists, as well as provides content services. The company was formerly known as Hyun Entertainment and changed its name to YG Entertainment Inc. in April 2001. YG Entertainment Inc. was founded in 1996 and is based in Seoul, South Korea.
Stocks similar to YG Entertainment
YG Entertainment in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the ANZ share price climbing today?
Shares in the Big Four bank have risen nearly 45% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Ventia Services Group IPO
Everything we know about the Ventia Services Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Australian Bond Exchange IPO
Everything we know about the Australian Bond Exchange IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why is the a2 Milk (A2M) share price sliding?
Shares in the trans-Tasman dairy company are down 53% over the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Siteminder IPO
Everything we know about the Siteminder IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vertex Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Vertex Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why is the Crown Resorts (CWN) share price on a winning streak?
Shares in the casino operator have lost nearly a quarter of their value from a year-high hit in May.
Why is the Telstra share price on a high today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have slipped more than 6% over the last month.
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTF) units
Steps to owning and managing Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF units from Australia.
How to buy XBTF ETF units
Steps to investing in and managing VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Ask an Expert