How to buy Merck & Co shares | US$80.98
Own Merck & Co stock in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Merck & Co
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Merck & Co. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: MRK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Merck & Co reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$80.98, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Merck & Co, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Merck & Co. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
Price details for Merck & Co (MRK)
Merck & Co stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of MRK stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Should I buy Merck & Co shares?
This is not a recommendation, it represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Merck & Co company summary
Merck & Co (MRK) is a leading Pharmaceuticals business based in the USA. Merck & Co (MRK) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 71000 staff.
|Industry||Drug Manufacturers-General||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||Merck & Co., Inc||ISIN||DE0006599905|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||71000|
Detailed company information
Merck & Co., Inc. provides healthcare solutions worldwide. The company offers therapeutic for cardiovascular, type 2 diabetes, chronic hepatitis C virus, HIV-1 infection, intra-abdominal, fungal infection, insomnia, and inflammatory diseases; neuromuscular blocking agents; cholesterol modifying medicines; and anti-bacterial and vaginal contraceptive products. It provides products to prevent chemotherapy-induced and post-operative nausea and vomiting; treat non-small-cell lung, ovarian and breast, esophageal, thyroid, cervical, and brain cancers; and prevent diseases caused by human papillomavirus, as well as vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, shingles, rotavirus gastroenteritis, and pneumococcal diseases. In addition, the company offers drugs for hepatocellular and merkel cell carcinoma; antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs for infectious and respiratory diseases, fertility disorders, and pneumonia in cattle, bovine, and swine; vaccines for poultry; parasiticides for sea lice in salmon; and antibiotics and vaccines for fish. Further, it provides companion animal products; diabetes mellitus treatment and anthelmintic products for dogs and cats; products to treat fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and sandflies; horse fertility management products for swine; and dog, cat, and horse vaccines. Additionally, the company offers services and solutions that focus on engagement, clinical, and health analytics. Merck & Co., Inc. has collaborations with AstraZeneca PLC; Bayer AG; Eisai Co., Ltd.; Almac Discovery Ltd.; Skyhawk Therapeutics, Inc.; Ridgeback Biotherapeutics; Shanghai Junshi Biosciences Co., Ltd.; FUJIFILM Corporation; Intec Pharma Ltd.; Transcenta Holding Ltd.; and Janux Therapeutics, Inc. It serves drug wholesalers and retailers, hospitals, and government agencies; managed health care providers; and physicians and physician distributors, veterinarians, and animal producers. The company was founded in 1891 and is headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Kodak shares | US$9.46
Steps to owning and managing Kodak shares from Australia.
How to buy Sorrento Therapeutics shares | US$9.64
Steps to owning and managing Sorrento Therapeutics shares from Australia.
How to buy Marathon Patent Group shares | US$18.3
Steps to owning and managing Marathon Patent Group shares from Australia.
How to buy Kandi Technologies shares | US$8.18
Steps to owning and managing Kandi Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Taoping shares | US$3.43
Steps to owning and managing Taoping shares from Australia.
How to buy American Airlines shares | US$N/A
Steps to owning and managing American Airlines shares from Australia.
How to buy MGM Resorts shares | US$31.39
Steps to owning and managing MGM Resorts shares.
How to buy Precipio shares | US$2.62
Steps to owning and managing Precipio shares.
How to buy ADT shares | US$9
Steps to owning and managing ADT shares from Australia.
How to buy DiamondPeak Holdings shares | US$N/A
Steps to owning and managing DiamondPeak Holdings shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert