We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
JYP Entertainment Corporation (035900) is a leading business with stocks listed in Korea. It opened the day at KRW₩₩41300 after a previous close of KRW₩₩41300. During the day the price has varied from a low of KRW₩40200 to a high of KRW₩41500. The latest price was KRW₩40300 (25 minute delay). JYP Entertainment is listed on the KQ. All prices are listed in Korean Won.
What's in this guide?
- JYP Entertainment key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is JYP Entertainment stock a buy or sell?
- JYP Entertainment performance over time
- JYP Entertainment's financials
- How volatile are JYP Entertainment shares?
- Does JYP Entertainment pay a dividend?
- Have JYP Entertainment shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How to buy shares in JYP Entertainment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company that's listed outside of Australia, you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for JYP Entertainment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 035900. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until JYP Entertainment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of KRW₩₩38650, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of JYP Entertainment, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of JYP Entertainment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
JYP Entertainment share priceUse our graph to track the performance of 035900 stocks over time.
JYP Entertainment shares at a glance
|52-week range||₩18624.7143 - ₩43424.4675|
|50-day moving average||₩15650|
|200-day moving average||₩15650|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||₩908.0421|
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy JYP Entertainment stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
JYP Entertainment price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-10)||3.60%|
|1 month (2021-05-18)||5.36%|
|3 months (2021-03-17)||14.65%|
|6 months (2020-12-17)||8.63%|
|1 year (2020-06-17)||93.29%|
|2 years (2019-06-17)||57.73%|
|3 years (2018-06-15)||62.50%|
|5 years (2016-06-17)||567.22%|
Is JYP Entertainment under- or over-valued?
Valuing JYP Entertainment stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of JYP Entertainment's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
JYP Entertainment's EBITDA
JYP Entertainment's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is KRW₩48.8 billion.
The EBITDA is a measure of a JYP Entertainment's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
JYP Entertainment financials
|Revenue TTM||KRW₩142.7 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||31.15%|
|Gross profit TTM||KRW₩76.7 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||12.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||16.7%|
|Market capitalisation||KRW₩1.3 trillion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
JYP Entertainment share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 16.86% of net profits
Recently JYP Entertainment has paid out, on average, around 16.86% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), JYP Entertainment shareholders could enjoy a 0.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In JYP Entertainment's case, that would currently equate to about ₩N/A per share.
While JYP Entertainment's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that JYP Entertainment is investing more in its future growth.
Have JYP Entertainment's shares ever split?
JYP Entertainment's shares were split on a 5:1 basis on 5 September 2010. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 5 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your JYP Entertainment shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 80% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for JYP Entertainment shares which in turn could have impacted JYP Entertainment's share price.
JYP Entertainment share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, JYP Entertainment's shares have ranged in value from as little as KRW₩18624.7143 up to KRW₩43424.4675. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (KQ average) beta is 1, while JYP Entertainment's is 0.8285. This would suggest that JYP Entertainment's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
JYP Entertainment overview
JYP Entertainment Corporation operates as an entertainment company in South Korea and internationally. The company plans, creates, and sells music and video contents; and undertakes talent development programs. It also finds and manages artists. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Seoul, South Korea.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 22% off millions of items with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
Ask an Expert