How to buy JYP Entertainment (035900) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in JYP Entertainment shares.
JYP Entertainment (035900) is a media company in South Korea. The company sells music and video content while managing talent like TWICE and 2PM. Listed on the Korea Exchange in 2010, the stock has seen steady growth in value.
What's in this guide?
- JYP Entertainment key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is JYP Entertainment stock a buy or sell?
- JYP Entertainment performance over time
- JYP Entertainment's financials
- How volatile are JYP Entertainment shares?
- Does JYP Entertainment pay a dividend?
- Have JYP Entertainment shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How to buy shares in JYP Entertainment
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company that's listed outside of Australia, you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for JYP Entertainment. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 035900. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until JYP Entertainment reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of KRW₩₩94400, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of JYP Entertainment, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of JYP Entertainment. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
JYP Entertainment stock price (KQ:035900)Use our graph to track the performance of 035900 stocks over time.
JYP Entertainment shares at a glance
|52-week range||₩61962.9223 - ₩146600|
|50-day moving average||₩103422|
|200-day moving average||₩104249|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||N/A|
Compare trading platforms to buy JYP Entertainment shares
Is it a good time to buy JYP Entertainment stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
JYP Entertainment price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-30)||-1.67%|
|1 month (2023-11-10)||-8.70%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||-12.35%|
|6 months (2023-06-09)||-28.05%|
|1 year (2022-12-09)||45.23%|
|2 years (2021-12-10)||98.11%|
|3 years (2020-12-10)||144.56%|
|5 years (2018-12-10)||213.62%|
Is JYP Entertainment under- or over-valued?
Valuing JYP Entertainment stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of JYP Entertainment's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
JYP Entertainment's EBITDA
JYP Entertainment's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is KRW₩167.5 billion (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a JYP Entertainment's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure stock profitability.
JYP Entertainment financials
|Revenue TTM||KRW₩524.6 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||31.39%|
|Gross profit TTM||KRW₩156.3 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||22.02%|
|Return on equity TTM||33.66%|
|Market capitalisation||KRW₩3 trillion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
JYP Entertainment share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 10.66% of net profits
Recently JYP Entertainment has paid out, on average, around 10.66% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), JYP Entertainment shareholders could enjoy a 0.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In JYP Entertainment's case, that would currently equate to about ₩N/A per share.
While JYP Entertainment's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that JYP Entertainment is investing more in its future growth.
Have JYP Entertainment's shares ever split?
JYP Entertainment's shares were split on a 0.2:1 basis on 6 September 2010. So if you had owned 1 share the day before the split, the next day you would own 0.2 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your JYP Entertainment shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for JYP Entertainment shares which in turn could have impacted JYP Entertainment's share price.
JYP Entertainment share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, JYP Entertainment's shares have ranged in value from as little as KRW₩61962.9223 up to KRW₩146600. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (KQ average) beta is 1, while JYP Entertainment's is 0.847. This would suggest that JYP Entertainment's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
JYP Entertainment overview
JYP Entertainment Corporation operates as an entertainment company in South Korea and internationally. The company produces and sells music and video contents; and undertakes talent development programs. It also finds and manages artists; and invests in a real estate property. JYP Entertainment Corporation was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
JYP Entertainment in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert