How to buy Bega shares | A$5.18
Own Bega shares in just a few minutes.
Bega Cheese Limited is a packaged foods business based in Australia. Bega shares (BGA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5.18 – a decrease of 1.33% over the previous week. Bega has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.5 billion.
How to buy shares in Bega
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bega. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BGA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bega reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.18, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bega. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Bega share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BGA stocks over time.
Bega shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5.18|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.53 - AUDA$5.63|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.0839|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$4.8138|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.1 (1.91%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.099|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bega stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bega price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||-2.26%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||0.58%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||16.93%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||20.47%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||13.85%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-23.94%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||-24.27%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||9.75%|
Is Bega under- or over-valued?
Valuing Bega stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Bega's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Bega's P/E ratio
Bega's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 54x. In other words, Bega shares trade at around 54x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Bega's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $73.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Bega's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$1.5 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||2.57%|
|Gross profit TTM||$289 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.61%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bega share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 106.06% of net profits
Recently Bega has paid out, on average, around 106.06% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.91% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Bega shareholders could enjoy a 1.91% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Bega's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.1 per share.
Bega's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 6 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Bega share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bega's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.53 up to $5.63. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bega's is 0.6524. This would suggest that Bega's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Bega Cheese Limited engages in receiving, processing, manufacturing, and distributing dairy and other food-related products in Australia. The company operates in two segments, Branded and Bulk. The Branded segment manufactures bulk ingredients into value added consumer products for internal or external brands. The Bulk segment manufactures bulk dairy ingredients, nutritional, and bio nutrient products. It offers natural and processed cheese; butter and cream cheese products under the Farmer's Table brand name; dips, mayonnaise, and dressings under the ZoOSh brand name, as well as spreads under B honey, Bega peanut butter, and VEGEMITE brands. The company also develops and supplies bio nutrient ingredients for the health and nutrition markets. In addition, it operates as a contract packer of natural cheddar and processed cheddar cheese products for corporations; and is involved in contract packaging for private proprietary brands, supermarket house brands, and QSR raw material inputs, as well as products for other dairy companies into their brands. The company also exports its products to approximately 40 countries across the Middle East, Southeast Asia, North Asia, Central and South America, and the Pacific Islands. Bega Cheese Limited was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in Bega, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert