bcu Personal Loan
Apply for a bcu personal loan to take advantage of competitive variable rates and flexible repayment terms.
If you’re looking for a flexible personal loan that comes with competitive low rates, you can consider a bcu Personal Loan. You can apply online or at a bcu store, and can be approved for a personal loan within as little as 30 minutes if you apply in store.
From 8.94% (variable)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
|Product Name||bcu Unsecured Multipurpose Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)|
From 8.94% (variable)
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||9.85%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$4,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$75,000|
Main points to consider with the bcu Personal Loan
bcu charges no fees for early repayment and allows joint loan applications. The minimum you can apply for is $4,000 and a $200 application fee applies if the loan is unsecured. This fee is $250 for a secured loan. If you select the secured option, the asset you put up as collateral must be valued at least $5,000.
If you're borrowing to consolidate outstanding debt, it must be for at least two non-bcu debts. While you do pay application and monthly fees, there is no charge if you choose to settle the balance before the end of the loan term.
What features come with a bcu personal loan?
If you're interested in applying for a bcu personal loan, here are some of the features from which you can benefit.
- Flexibility. You have the option to make additional repayments or repay your loan in full without risking a penalty.
- Competitive rates. Interest rates start at 8.94% p.a. However, rates can vary depending on factors like the purpose, security put forward and whether or not you qualify for an interest rate discount.
- Easy application. You can either apply at a bcu office or submit an application online.
- Secured and unsecured options. You can choose to put up collateral to secure a personal loan as long as the asset is worth more than $5,000.
- Joint applications. You have the option to submit a joint application for a personal loan. On the online application form, you can select the option under "Number of applicants".
- Redraw facility. You have the option to redraw additional payments without penalty.
How to apply for the bcu personal loan
Applying is simple and can be completed online. To get started, click "Go to Site". You'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have no outstanding defaults or judgements against your name
Specify the loan type, whether or not you're putting up security, and whether you want loan protection. You can also register to receive eStatements. Keep the following details on hand to complete your application:
- Personal details
- Employment details
- Financial information
- Assets and liabilities
- The purpose of the loan
While bcu personal loans come with application fees and charges, you can borrow up to $75,000 with flexible terms and repayment options. Before making a commitment, it's important to compare personal loan options and verify your financial position to ensure it's the right loan for you.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.