AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue Credit Card
Enjoy a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases, plus a competitive annual fee with a Basic Blue Credit Card.
This low-cost credit card from AWA Alliance Bank charges the same interest rate of 11.99% on all purchase and cash advance transactions. It also has a competitive annual fee of $45 and up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Interest free period
|Product Name||AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Does not offer a rewards program or travel insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
The AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue credit card offers low-cost features, with a 11.99% p.a. interest rate and an annual fee of $45. While both of these rates are competitive with other low rate cards, keep in mind that some credit cards offer 0% interest rates – so make sure you compare a few options before choosing a card that fits your goals.
This card also gives you the security of 24/7 fraud-monitoring, worldwide acceptance through the Visa network, plus contactless and mobile payments.
How to apply
You can apply for the AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue Credit Card online by filling out a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the required documents handy.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, driver's licence number, residential address, email address and contact number. You may be required to provide a driver's license or a passport to verify your identity.
- Financial details. This includes any assets, as well as your liabilities including mortgages, loans and credit cards. You may also need to provide payslips to verify your income.
- Low interest rates. This card charges a low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases and cash advances.
- Visa benefits. Get access to exclusive offers on travel, entertainment, shopping and dining through Visa Offers + Perks.
- Security. With 24-hour fraud monitoring, you'll be notified as soon as suspicious activity is noticed in your account.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your AWA Alliance Bank Basic Blue credit card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay account to make payments straight from your smartphone or other compatible device.
Rates & fees
- Low annual fee. The Basic Blue credit card charges a competitive annual fee of $45.
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit for this card is $500.
- Minimum repayments. You'll need to make minimum repayments of at least 3% of the closing balance, or $10 whichever is greater. Otherwise, you'll incur a late payment of $15.